• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

They don't miss a trick

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They don't miss a trick

HM Revenue & Customs: Selling your Olympic torch

Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Well that was a waste of time. None of them are currently going for over £5k

2012 torch | eBay
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Well that was a waste of time. None of them are currently going for over £5k

2012 torch | eBay
      Apart from this one you mean olympic relay torch london 2012 | eBay
      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
        Apart from this one you mean olympic relay torch london 2012 | eBay
        This is your chance to own a piece of Olympic and British history. A truly unique opportunity!

A genuine Olympic 2012 Relay Torch with the official Torchbearers uniform in large.

One of only 8000 used to transport the historical flame around Britain. This torch will be used within the North East leg on June the 15th and will be available to be shipped the following week.
        He doesn't even own it yet!! Can't see that one staying on for long.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

There is no exemption from CGT even if you donate the money you receive on selling the torch to charity.
            Bet the woman that thought she had sold it for £150K+ to give to charity is now glad that the buyer wasn't genuine

Comment

I suspect some journalist asked a few questions to make a story about how useless HMRC were on the matter, so they thought they better stick a page up quick.

A bit like the witch hunt that's been going on recently that covered Moira Stuart, the Head of the Student Loans' company and government contractors in general.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Why is there no section, "What if I sell my torch and dont tell you?" As that's what 99% of people would do and they are powerless to tax it just like all the other optional CG taxes.

Comment

Working...
                X