• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC closed my account?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As Wanderer says, it sounds like the company has been struck off, so check Companies House first. If it has, you can get it restored via Administrative Restoration, which I think costs £100.

Administrative Restoration
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Its a very good idea to sign up for business monitoring tools. A fair few websites off this. When any new forms are filed at HMRC I get an e-mail from a few companies as my co is on my watch list (so I could buy the reports if I wanted it).

So when my accountant sticks in the accounts a week or so later I get a few e-mails to confirm its been done.

Worth considering as its free. Also companies house do something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
        Its a very good idea to sign up for business monitoring tools. A fair few websites off this. When any new forms are filed at HMRC I get an e-mail from a few companies as my co is on my watch list (so I could buy the reports if I wanted it).

So when my accountant sticks in the accounts a week or so later I get a few e-mails to confirm its been done.

Worth considering as its free. Also companies house do something similar.
        Linky?
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Update

Struck off because annual return was not submitted. I thought my accountant would be taking care of that but apparently not. Should've known better, really. Annual accounts not submitted either, but that's alright because "they're not overdue yet". Time for a new accountant, I think.

So now I've got the delightful task of applying for a waiver from the treasury solicitor, so that I can apply for reinstatement of company, and then apply to get my money back. In the meantime, I've got nowhere for my invoices to be paid to. Lesson learnt: assume your accountant isn't doing anything they're supposed to.

Thanks for the replies, all.

Comment

Originally posted by riffpie View Post
            Struck off because annual return was not submitted. I thought my accountant would be taking care of that but apparently not. Should've known better, really. Annual accounts not submitted either, but that's alright because "they're not overdue yet". Time for a new accountant, I think.

So now I've got the delightful task of applying for a waiver from the treasury solicitor, so that I can apply for reinstatement of company, and then apply to get my money back. In the meantime, I've got nowhere for my invoices to be paid to. Lesson learnt: assume your accountant isn't doing anything they're supposed to.

As restoring the company may take some time, maybe you could consider incorporating a new one, to be up and running with an open bank account should only take a few working days and you'll be able to invoice from it and be paid
            http://www.linkedin.com/in/sallyfletcher

Comment

Don't want to be rude but have you checked the service your accountant offers? Some will submit them for you, others will give you the details and you submit it. You don't make it clear where the problem actually is. Has he actually cocked up or just mis-communication of responsibilities?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Where was your official mail going? Companies House would have sent several letters to your registered office.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  Where was your official mail going? Companies House would have sent several letters to your registered office.
                  They should have sent some directly to the Director too, either at their home address or service address.
                  ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    Linky?
                    Linky

Go to any company using WebCheck, and click the "Monitor This Company" link. Then lets you select what you want to be notified on.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                      Linky

Go to any company using WebCheck, and click the "Monitor This Company" link. Then lets you select what you want to be notified on.
                      Link doesn't work, but the instructions do Ta.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X