• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

parking tickets & Fines - allowable expense?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac
    Yes you can challenge it, but after several weeks most people give up. After all, it's my word against the wardens that I was parked in a P&D bay as opposed to a residents permit bay. And Camden is famous for it's ambiguous signs - I pointed out a few and they were still there years later. The system is designed to be as confusing as possible, in the hope that people just pay the £50 and be done with it.
    Thankfully the NewLie (or is it OldLie) scum got kicked out on the back of it.
    I just so happened to be doing some contracting work Grays Council not so long ago, can't remember the exact name of the department (traffic or something along those lines), but basically they worked on fixed penalty appeals. Now to say these people are heartless is one thing, but when you realise its a them us scenario you can sort of understand why they are the way they are.

The day I was there, one of the (more attractive) if there is such a thing, traffic wardens had been brought back to the office by the police, apparently
    she'd been shot in the leg with an air rifle (this is Grays remember), and there'd also been several incidents of different assaults in the same week.

But anyway, appeals are always turned down, its a no win no win situation.
    You would need to come up with a serious amount of bs to get out of one.
    I was issued a fixed penalty while my missus was in labour, still had to pay
    sadistic bast*rds

Comment

I use the parking meters daily at the train station and obviously dont get a receipt.. it costs me £3 perday.

Can I claim for these even without receipt ?

css_jay99

Comment

Working...
      X