• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

working with a client after 6 mothes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

working with a client after 6 mothes

Hi,

I worked for a IT Company (ex: ABC).
    i was told to work at their client site. i worked there it nov -2011.

Now i am working for a different client from same company (ABC).

Now, my previous client has an opening. can i join with him as a contracter??
    I crossed the 6 months time for which i should not work for him directly/indirectly..

1) Does this 6 months durations starts after i resign my company (ABC) or as i last worked with that client??

2) Also, if it is not feasible to join directly with him now, can i join via an umberilla company ??

Please help

Have you read your contract properly? I think you will find it means you cannot work for any of the clients of ABC for six months after you leave ABC....

You yourself will be working for the client so there isn't really anyway around this even hiding behind an umbrella as it only takes one person on the old client to mention it to ABC and it gets difficult. All depends on what the client does, what ABC did for that client and their relationship.
    The idea is you don't steal ABC's idea and give them to the client. If what they want you to do is nothing to do with ABC whatsoever I am sure you can get it waived. Speak to ABC and see what they say. If it is working on the same system and is affecting ABC's revenue stream you could get in a lot of bother.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

How long is 6 mothes!? Is it about 6 inches?
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
      X