• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

P.I Insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    Nope through an agent!
    Would that imply that you can get it altered then? Or has the end client stipulated it. Don't think that many freelancers or small Ltd Co would carry that sort of cover.

Comment

They are sending me a changed contract. If it comes through with the same level of insurance stipulated I will not sign and I wil not start work.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
        They are sending me a changed contract. If it comes through with the same level of insurance stipulated I will not sign and I wil not start work.

Well, all the best matey and good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife
          I think the question was intended as - If don't have PI to cover sub-contractors how can you still claim the right of substitution?

That's what I was hoping to get answered. MyCo is due to start trading shortly and I've yet to purchase any insurance for it. Help!

Comment

Really depends on what you do, and - more importantly - what can go wrong and what would the maximum cost to the business that they could directly attribute to your company if you screw up or simply end up being blamed for even if it wasn't your fault. This is why there are so many offerings.

Are you designing web pages for an intranet or are you updating retail prices in large retail stores? Profile/complexity of the work is irrelevant, it's the level of responsibility you carry. Could you end up with a decimal point error on the canteen lunch menu or uploading a buy-one-get-one-free offer AND halving the price on the tills

Hope that helps,
            Mike

Comment

Working...
            X