• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruth Newton has been desperate to find someone for her TV program, approaching people on this forum, by email and on Twitter.

Just remember Benefits Street and how Channel 4 portrayed people there!

She claims she is a different production company, but Channel 4 have the ultimate power to decide what and how her program is screened.
    Last edited by SantaClaus; 18 June 2014, 11:57.
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by freedomFighter2014 View Post
      Seriously? 1984 - travel restrictions.
      Nobody has done anything wrong at this point. Anyone can hop on a plane and never come back.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
        Ruth Newton has been desperate to find someone for her TV program, approaching people on this forum, by email and on Twitter.

Just remember Benefits Street and how Channel 4 portrayed people there!

She claims she is a different production company, but Channel 4 have the ultimate power to deiced what and how her program is screened.
        I never saw it - was it good or bad?

I did hear a resident got help from one the the dragons den lot?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I never saw it - was it good or bad?

I did hear a resident got help from one the the dragons den lot?
          The Daily Mail must have sold a lot of papers and got Middle England very annoyed off the back of that program.

But yes, I do remember one of the residents got employed as a chef with the help of a Dragon. So not all bad.

Comment

Originally posted by EveryMoveCalculated View Post
            Quick question - Anybody know if the Lords can actually adjust/omit sections of a bill? I know they can't block them, only delay them these days, but not sure if they have the right to adjust.
            If they do, I guess that's our next avenue...
            They can only delay this not amend.
            Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
            http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
              I for one have made a decision not to generate any income in my name after this.

They can bankrupt me and go whistle after that.
              Same for me - actually I don't have a choice as they want far more than I've got. They are too late, the ex-wife got the lot already!

My only question is one of timing - i.e. what's the point of working today as all the money will go to the bankruptcy lawyers
              Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
              http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by freedomFighter2014 View Post
                Theres a long wait for passports though - maybe 10 year backlog.
                If people leave without paying they won't be able to come back as
                they'll be arrested at the airport - right?
                Buy a St Kitts passport they seem quite cheap compared to what HMRC want

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
                  all the £xBN's they raise will go towards paying off the massive overdraft that was previously squandered on things the tax payer couldnt afford. So it isnt going towards schools, NHS etc as the government will try and convince Joe Public. Its probably going towards the previous Labour governments projects that failed, plus of course not forgetting MP's expense claims and duck houses, now isnt that a reason to bankrupt families!!!!
                  Haven't they got a War to start and needs paying for?

Comment

If I was in a position of bankruptcy I would take the nuclear option and seriously consider liquidating pretty much all assets, or topping up my credit limits and F***ing off on a very long round the world holiday in the best hotels money can buy. Or if I had a family to support make sure the last few months before being made homeless we all had a bloody good time!!!! What have you to lose???? Rather that than HMRC getting their paws on it!

Comment

Originally posted by flamel View Post
                      Same for me - actually I don't have a choice as they want far more than I've got. They are too late, the ex-wife got the lot already!

My only question is one of timing - i.e. what's the point of working today as all the money will go to the bankruptcy lawyers
                      Exactly my thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                      X