• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
    Very sorry to read about your situation, Brillopad :-(
    I assure you you are not on your own, nor will you be going down on your own.
    Freelancers tend to be individualistic by nature - too often, we are divided, and thus easily conquered. But I wish everyone realized that our TEAM is potentially huge, and that this potential cries out to be tapped...
    Even a Tiger cannot do too much when swarmed by a cloud of angry bees...

www.dotas-scandal.org
    So far HMRC have proved that they can do what they want when they want.

I have requested a one month ban in case I post up too many of my plans up here. Which basically involves a single bee flying up the tiger's arse and causing one bit of it immense pain.

Comment

good day all,

appologies first if this question is a bit off topic from the previous comments. I am also apart of this group affected who's life has been full of worry,
      dread and many sleepless nights for far to long now worrying about how this is all going to affect his and his families future. I have been following this
      forum since the start all those years ago.

is anyone able to offer any insight on what the ramifications may be on a member of this BN66 disaster (non-UK national) that has
      permanently emigrated from the UK and just ignores any notices to their forwarding address in the southern hemisphere. retrospective tax being claimed is in the region of +-60-70k
      would this person be declared bankrupt within the UK ? still have a apartment in the uk with negative equity.
      do you think there is any chance of being arrested should he ever travel through the UK or EU again for outstanding tax and the fines which would accrue ?
      I don't have the funds to pay as it plus a lot more was lost in a financial scam.
      any advice would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
        Done - let's see if you can trump my submission four years ago to Nick Clegg's 'Your Freedom' consultation. Does anyone remember that particular mirage of democracy or indeed Nick Clegg?!

Well done Lucozade - let's up the ante.

Comment

Originally posted by reckless View Post
          Done - let's see if you can trump my submission four years ago to Nick Clegg's 'Your Freedom' consultation. Does anyone remember that particular mirage of democracy or indeed Nick Clegg?!

Well done Lucozade - let's up the ante.
          In the last 6 years HMRC have consistently kicked our arses. If you, or anyone else, think petitions are the way to go then you are delusional.

I had my arse kicked by the family courts and the only time anyone made the slightest difference was f4j.

I have now changed my mind on publicity. Things cannot get any worse.

Maybe I will start a group called "the real ntrt".

Comment

Originally posted by samson View Post
            good day all,

appologies first if this question is a bit off topic from the previous comments. I am also apart of this group affected who's life has been full of worry,
            dread and many sleepless nights for far to long now worrying about how this is all going to affect his and his families future. I have been following this

is anyone able to offer any insight on what the ramifications may be on a member of this BN66 disaster (non-UK national) that has
            permanently emigrated from the UK and just ignores any notices to their forwarding address in the southern hemisphere. retrospective tax being claimed is in the region of +-60-70k
            would this person be declared bankrupt within the UK ? still have a apartment in the uk with negative equity.
            do you think there is any chance of being arrested should he ever travel through the UK or EU again for outstanding tax and the fines which would accrue ?
            I don't have the funds to pay as it plus a lot more was lost in a financial scam.
            As horrible as it sounds, you're talking about potential tax evasion here, so I would advise your friend getting advice from a qualified tax lawyer.

There are some countries your friend would be safe in, if they never planned to step foot in the UK again. But the fact your friend has property here makes it complicated. I guess it could potentially be seized.

Again, get professional advice. We are just armchair lawyers here
            'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
            Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by samson View Post
              good day all,

HMRC has tax treaties with most countries in the world now and, if you have a property in the UK, then you still have a presence in the UK and are unlikely to be able to avoid some sort of direct action from HMRC. You need to get some professional advice - sticking your head in the sand is not really a good move in these circumstances.
              Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                As horrible as it sounds, you're talking about potential tax evasion here, so I would advise your friend getting advice from a qualified tax lawyer.

There are some countries your friend would be safe in, if they never planned to step foot in the UK again. But the fact your friend has property here makes it complicated. I guess it could potentially be seized.

Again, get professional advice. We are just armchair lawyers here
                If anyone has any assets residing in the UK HMRC can and will seize them to pay a tax debt. I have asked this question previously and was told that there would be no chance of arrest or HMRC waiting for you at immigration. But Im not convinced that cant happen, and for me personally I want to see my parents, siblings and friends again so wouldnt want to leave these shores if I couldnt ever come back.

Comment

Possibly a really stupid idea, but would there be any point in doing our own documentary and putting it up on YouTube possibly under the NTRT banner? Amongst our number we must have all kinds of skills, including some video editing, and if you believe the various blogs, making a decent documentary these days doesn't require much more than a good computer and copy of Final Cut. We might get some bashing, but at least the argument would be an informed one and we could give our side of the story without always having to submit to whatever label they want to stick on us. I know nothing of this type of technology, but maybe there are some of our number who do?

Comment

I have access to VT GEAR, and editing studio, plus a editor with 25 years experience (now retired).
                    Whatever happened to that great Flash Video/cartoon someone here put out, now removed I believe?

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
                      Signed and forwarded.

Comment

Working...
                      X