• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
    All publicity is good publicity... The last thing Gauke & co. like is for their shenanigans to be discussed in broad daylight.
    And don't wait for things to be "organized"... Everyone should take matters in their own hands. We are little, but we are legion.

@Santa Claus: thanks for the heads up... I tend to follow www.twitter.com/BeenGauked more than his cursed namesake ;-)

www.dotas-scandal.org
    Thanks for the plug DotasScandal.

If anyone hasn't seen it, I am running a David Gauke parody twitter account and tweeting about S58, retro tax, pay upfront legislation, etc.

So far, I've been followed by a few MPs and some quite influential people. My first goal is to overtake the number of followers that Gauke has.

I'd be very grateful for follows, retweets and any help to spread the message far and wide.

Thanks

@BeenGauked

Comment

Originally posted by BeenGauked View Post
      Thanks for the plug DotasScandal.

If anyone hasn't seen it, I am running a David Gauke parody twitter account and tweeting about S58, retro tax, pay upfront legislation, etc.

So far, I've been followed by a few MPs and some quite influential people. My first goal is to overtake the number of followers that Gauke has.

I'd be very grateful for follows, retweets and any help to spread the message far and wide.

Thanks

@BeenGauked
      What do you seek to achive by antagonising him? The only outcome of this is that he will bear more of a grudge and put further effort in to justify his actions.

If we want section 58 repealed, we may need his acceptace.

Comment

Originally posted by reckless View Post
        I also received via my MP, HMRC's latest response to the specific questions raised in the last NTRT Toolkit, which we asked them to answer. Apparently all these questions have already been answered in their response to the Adjudicator (which of course we won't be allowed to see) and there is nothing new that they haven't already covered. For good measure, the HMRC letter wasn't even addressed to me, nor had my name on it - it was simply a tippexed previous letter.

With this continued state of denial and stonewalling from HMRC, where do we go from here (apart from Overseas, taking all our money in a suitcase of gold sovereigns)?
        Looks like my post has been usurped by the latest NTRT newsletter – any way here are my ramblings-

I have also received reply via my MP regarding the compliant to the adjudicator.

Exactly as everyone else the content is utter BS and once again HMRC has stonewalled us, are they hiding something? We need to get some answers; I have contacted NTRT via email with my views.

If we are not party to the HMRC responses to the adjudicator can our MPs request the information or can we put in a FOI? Surely somehow there has to be public accountability for what are really serious allegations regarding the conduct of one of our public departments.

I know this was some weeks ago but did anyone see question time where Tim Stanley (Daily Telegraph) was one of the panellists. There was the usual clap trap from the politicians about how repugnant tax avoidance was but he defended tax avoidance schemes as being within the law. Although there was not overwhelming support there was a fairly large part of the audience in agreement with his views. There was another member of the audience who indicated that he believed 90% of people would reduce there tax burden if they were in a position to do so and once again this was met with a good response from the rest of the audience. Are we missing something by not taking our case into the public domain?

Unless NTRT have something up there sleeve then I believe we do need a change of tactics and publicly forcing people like Gauke into explanations of his stance in 2008 and now would be interesting to say the least.

Personally I don’t care anymore - as it stands we have lost but I am dammed sure I want to embarrass as many Politian’s for their hypocrisy, especially if I end up bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by OneUnited View Post
          Looks like my post has been usurped by the latest NTRT newsletter – any way here are my ramblings-

I have also received reply via my MP regarding the compliant to the adjudicator.

Exactly as everyone else the content is utter BS and once again HMRC has stonewalled us, are they hiding something? We need to get some answers; I have contacted NTRT via email with my views.

If we are not party to the HMRC responses to the adjudicator can our MPs request the information or can we put in a FOI? Surely somehow there has to be public accountability for what are really serious allegations regarding the conduct of one of our public departments.

I know this was some weeks ago but did anyone see question time where Tim Stanley (Daily Telegraph) was one of the panellists. There was the usual clap trap from the politicians about how repugnant tax avoidance was but he defended tax avoidance schemes as being within the law. Although there was not overwhelming support there was a fairly large part of the audience in agreement with his views. There was another member of the audience who indicated that he believed 90% of people would reduce there tax burden if they were in a position to do so and once again this was met with a good response from the rest of the audience. Are we missing something by not taking our case into the public domain?

Unless NTRT have something up there sleeve then I believe we do need a change of tactics and publicly forcing people like Gauke into explanations of his stance in 2008 and now would be interesting to say the least.

Personally I don’t care anymore - as it stands we have lost but I am dammed sure I want to embarrass as many Politian’s for their hypocrisy, especially if I end up bankrupt.

The next stage after the adjudicator is the Parliamentary Ombudsmen, and they have a lot more teeth and will not stand for the stone walling. The civil service do not like having them knock on the door andI believe that that is next logical line of attack for the complaint. A complaint to the PO needs backing from a MP, and I understand there are candidates for that.

I too saw that Question Time programme, and what with the 'new political wave', there may be something in what you say. I will be writing to the new UKIP MEP to see what his opinion is on this ridiculous situation.

Comment

Do we know for sure that we have MP backing for the PO?

I'm looking at the bankruptcy option now to get this thing put finally to bed. That and a doctors appointment as I'm starting to be concerned for my own health with all the stress this is putting me under.

Comment

If Shiner was to win, do we?

Comment

Originally posted by helen7 View Post
                What do you seek to achive by antagonising him? The only outcome of this is that he will bear more of a grudge and put further effort in to justify his actions.

Do you honestly think that you will ever get Gauke's acceptance by placating him? I'm sorry, but you're seriously deluded if you do.

The object of the Twitter parody account is to embarrass him, become a thorn in his side and draw attention of this issue to the public.

The fact that BeenGauked is being followed by a few influential people already after only existing for a few days is testament to the fact it is a good strategy.

Sad though it is, nothing you say or do will ever change Gauke's mind, he is a puppet of HMRC. Hmmm, unless you stood against him as a candidate at the next election, maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by BeenGauked View Post
                  Do you honestly think that you will ever get Gauke's acceptance by placating him? I'm sorry, but you're seriously deluded if you do.

The object of the Twitter parody account is to embarrass him, become a thorn in his side and draw attention of this issue to the public.

The fact that BeenGauked is being followed by a few influential people already after only existing for a few days is testament to the fact it is a good strategy.

Sad though it is, nothing you say or do will ever change Gauke's mind, he is a puppet of HMRC. Hmmm, unless you stood against him as a candidate at the next election, maybe.
                  I'm finding your tweets very amusing. Well done that man!
                  'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                  Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by helen7 View Post

Just to verify, this is a joke, right?

I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece

Comment

Latest Newsletter

Dear all

The latest newsletter was sent out by email today and can also be found in the members section of the NTRT website:

Member’s Newsletters | No To Retrospective Taxation

Apologies to anyone who didn't receive it by email. There were a handful of new members/email address changes that I hadn't updated on our DB, which I have done now!

On the same page, you will also find HMRC's reply to our adjudicator complaint, which we mention in the newsletter.

Best regards

Santa
                      Last edited by SantaClaus; 27 May 2014, 20:58.
                      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X