• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ALMAC View Post
    Has there been another newsletter since 15th November.

I don't seem to be getting the NTRT emails for some reason and haven't seen a 30 page document!
    Hi Almac

15th Nov was the last newsletter with an attachment (both uploaded to the website).

There was also a toolkit sent out on the 20th, which I will try to upload to the website today.

Send us a message to the usual info address if you still don't have anything.

Cheers

Santa
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
      Hi Almac

15th Nov was the last newsletter with an attachment (both uploaded to the website).

There was also a toolkit sent out on the 20th, which I will try to upload to the website today.

Send us a message to the usual info address if you still don't have anything.

Cheers

Santa
      Thanks Santa

Comment

New NTRT toolkit - your help needed!

As we mentioned in the members’ newsletter which went out on 15th November 2013, we have prepared another toolkit for you to write to your MP, which can be found here (also emailed to members):

Member’s Newsletters | No To Retrospective Taxation

The purpose of this toolkit is to help you write to your MP and send them a copy of our complaint to the Adjudicator. The Adjudicator complaint is a substantial document which outlines ways in which HMRC have been dishonest in their handling of Section 58(4), including misleading Parliament into applying the legislation retrospectively, treating taxpayers unfairly and providing false and misleading information to Ministers and Parliament.

We are asking all NTRT members to lobby their MPs and urge them to write to Lin Homer, the Chief Executive of HMRC, to demand an inquiry into the conduct of the officers involved in this case. We would therefore be grateful if you could use the template letter in the attached toolkit, which you should feel free to tailor and amend as appropriate, and send it to your MP along with a copy of the Adjudicator complaint, which is also attached to this email.

If you have any questions please contact Whitehouse via the usual NTRT email and mark for the attention of George Paterson.

Thanks to all for your help and support!
        Last edited by SantaClaus; 21 November 2013, 20:01.
        'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
        Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Fantastic work

Just made it through the complaint. Amazing work by NTRT. Point 38, my jaw dropped, I suspected as much, but now I know. Well done, and thank-you. My 6 month SO is likely up, and will be renewed immediately. I wasn't sure it was possible to be happy and really angry at the same time, but it seems it is.

Comment

Originally posted by OnYourBikeGB View Post
            Just made it through the complaint. Amazing work by NTRT. Point 38, my jaw dropped, I suspected as much, but now I know. Well done, and thank-you. My 6 month SO is likely up, and will be renewed immediately. I wasn't sure it was possible to be happy and really angry at the same time, but it seems it is.
            To me the entire thing smacks of some jumped up civil servant throwing caution to the wind and going for the throat based on what seems to be a personal war. With, what in hindsight helps our cause, a total disregard for protocol, the rule book, due process or procedure. Good on em, this strategy could be the nail in the coffin!

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
              To me the entire thing smacks of some jumped up civil servant throwing caution to the wind and going for the throat based on what seems to be a personal war. With, what in hindsight helps our cause, a total disregard for protocol, the rule book, due process or procedure. Good on em, this strategy could be the nail in the coffin!
              It's beginning to look that way. I hope they are tulipting themselves now. What goes around, comes around, and it it's coming their way.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                As we mentioned in the members’ newsletter which went out on 15th November 2013, we have prepared another toolkit for you to write to your MP, which can be found here (also emailed to members):

Member’s Newsletters | No To Retrospective Taxation

The purpose of this toolkit is to help you write to your MP and send them a copy of our complaint to the Adjudicator. The Adjudicator complaint is a substantial document which outlines ways in which HMRC have been dishonest in their handling of Section 58(4), including misleading Parliament into applying the legislation retrospectively, treating taxpayers unfairly and providing false and misleading information to Ministers and Parliament.

We are asking all NTRT members to lobby their MPs and urge them to write to Lin Homer, the Chief Executive of HMRC, to demand an inquiry into the conduct of the officers involved in this case. We would therefore be grateful if you could use the template letter in the attached toolkit, which you should feel free to tailor and amend as appropriate, and send it to your MP along with a copy of the Adjudicator complaint, which is also attached to this email.

If you have any questions please contact Whitehouse via the usual NTRT email and mark for the attention of George Paterson.

Thanks to all for your help and support!
                Why Lin Homer and not the adjudicator ?

Comment

Originally posted by travellingknob View Post
                  Why Lin Homer and not the adjudicator ?
                  I don't think it would be appropriate for MPs to try and influence the independent adjudicator.

Comment

Montpelier circular

I understand Montpelier are sending out an update today.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                      I understand Montpelier are sending out an update today.
                      Waiting with baited breath

Comment

Working...
                      X