• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    A week is also a long time in the NTRT campaign.
    7 years is a short time in HMRC land.

Comment

HMRC making a move?

It might have no significance, but I got a letter this morning telling my that investigations into my tax returns has been moved to Holland House in Bournemouth. Strange thing is it seems to be a small business unit, not a special investigations one. Might be nothing, might be the start of the next phase.

Comment

Originally posted by screwthis View Post
        7 years is a short time in HMRC land.
        17 years is short in montpelier land.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by OnYourBikeGB View Post
          It might have no significance, but I got a letter this morning telling my that investigations into my tax returns has been moved to Holland House in Bournemouth. Strange thing is it seems to be a small business unit, not a special investigations one. Might be nothing, might be the start of the next phase.
          Have you passed to montp? Personally I reckon it could be significant - but I am usually wrong....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Have you passed to montp? Personally I reckon it could be significant - but I am usually wrong....
            I rang MP, I don't have the letter to hand. Probably not significant, just Hector shifting the workload about. Maybe they just felt the need to send a letter before a bank holiday.

Comment

I rang MP, I don't have the letter to hand. Probably not significant, just Hector shifting the workload about. Maybe they just felt the need to send a letter before a bank holiday.
              There definitely have been others that have received such letters - probably going back a couple of months now. IIRC it started happening after the CoA.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I received a similar letter a month or so ago. I'll check tonight when I get home.
                MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

Originally posted by moira under the stairs View Post
                  I'm pretty sure I received a similar letter a month or so ago. I'll check tonight when I get home.
                  Probably being moved to new unit as both Liverpool and Manchester think we now have a case!

Comment

Move to Holland House

I had one of these letters back in March, also stated they will be "finalising the open enquires" - heard nowt since.

Comment

Another Closure Notice

Hello,

Not been on here for a while, but just received a closure notice for year ending 5th April 2008. Can someone remind me where I have to send this please.

Thank you.
                      MajorGowen

Comment

Working...
                      X