• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    One is an update on the Huitson FTT and ECHR.

The other concerns APNs.

NTRT will be sending out a newsletter in the next few days.
    Received two letters this morning.

Very interesting reading.

To be honest I have had my doubts over the years about MontP but they are still with us and fighting hard on our behalf and along with NTRT I do believe that one day we will win this nightmare.

Looking forward to the next NTRT letter.

I love the last para in the s58 letter hopefully it allays some peoples fears

Comment

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Originally posted by OneUnited View Post
      Received two letters this morning.

Very interesting reading.

To be honest I have had my doubts over the years about MontP but they are still with us and fighting hard on our behalf and along with NTRT I do believe that one day we will win this nightmare.

Looking forward to the next NTRT letter.

I love the last para in the s58 letter hopefully it allays some peoples fears
      Likewise, they just dropped onto the mat. I have to give it to WG, he walks the walk. Just as well.
      Last edited by OnYourBikeGB; 12 February 2015, 13:31.

Comment

Originally posted by OnYourBikeGB View Post
        I have to give it WG, he walks the walk. Just as well.
        You have to when you're up against Mugabe (MacDougall) and Assad (Lamb). Apologies if I've got that the wrong way round but it is easy to mix up tyrants.

Comment

I have been asked to post this

There is a lot of activity being undertaken by Montpelier and NTRT, and members of the forum are reminded that trolls are still active and that all Montpelier letters and NTRT newsletters fall into the hands of HMRC. So anybody who thinks that Montpelier are going to reveal for public consumption the entire strategy and reasoning to defeat s58 are bonkers.

Comment

There is a lot of activity being undertaken by Montpelier and NTRT, and members of the forum are reminded that trolls are still active and that all Montpelier letters and NTRT newsletters fall into the hands of HMRC. So anybody who thinks that Montpelier are going to reveal for public consumption the entire strategy and reasoning to defeat s58 are bonkers.
            Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Understood

Understood, and I think that most of us appreciate that everything that we are sent (MP, NTRT etc.) also gets straight to HMRC.

So Secret Squirrel is fine with me

Comment

Comment

I would be interested to know which imbecile thought otherwise?!

Comment

This whole HSBC thing is starting to look like it is going to have a pretty damaging effect on the Tories. Cameron must be wondering when someone is going to ask where all his money came from, seeing as he's worth £40m, but only inherited (tax free) £300K. Fink has come off with some statement about tax avoidance being so broad a definition that we all do it. It's a pity we aren't all in the same club as him then, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by OnYourBikeGB View Post
                      This whole HSBC thing is starting to look like it is going to have a pretty damaging effect on the Tories. Cameron must be wondering when someone is going to ask where all his money came from, seeing as he's worth £40m, but only inherited (tax free) £300K. Fink has come off with some statement about tax avoidance being so broad a definition that we all do it. It's a pity we aren't all in the same club as him then, isn't it?
                      Those in glass houses! Its the old do as we say not as we do...Im quite surprised about the naivety if they didnt think it could ever turn round and bite em. They shook the tiger, glad its giving them a rough time now.

Comment

Working...
                      X