• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    Not a good idea.

If you cash in a CTD you lose all the protection from accrued interest during the period you held it.
    AH true - didn't think of that - my bad.

Comment

Originally posted by bollox View Post
      anyone else had a letter about CTD's only paying interest for 6 years - i need to re read it again when i get home as was in a bit of a rush

had mine since 2008

if you have what did you do ?

That's a perfect example of how long all of this has gone on for. Shambles

Comment

Originally posted by Rob79 View Post
        Or cash it in and buy another one.
        Surprised a tax expert would even suggest this!
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          Surprised a tax expert would even suggest this!
          You are correct and I replied in haste without checking my facts - I've apologised and am embarrassed.

Comment

Divorced MP Caroline Nokes forced to change locks and install panic alarm | Daily Mail Online

A Conservative MP has revealed how she has installed panic buttons in her house, changed her locks, and considers leaving Parliament ‘on a weekly basis’ because of vicious on-line trolling following a feud with pressure group Fathers 4 Justice.

Caroline Nokes, MP for Romsey and Southampton North, says she fears for her and her daughter’s safety after being deluged for 18 months with emails and Facebook and Twitter messages sent by supporters of the fathers’ rights group, who have made life a ‘living hell’.

Miss Nokes reneged on promises made before the General Election on parenting policy and the Children and Families Bill, enacted in 2012.
            ----------------------------------------------------------

I would love to see the same thing happen to Gauke. Partnership with f4j anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Divorced MP Caroline Nokes forced to change locks and install panic alarm | Daily Mail Online

A Conservative MP has revealed how she has installed panic buttons in her house, changed her locks, and considers leaving Parliament ‘on a weekly basis’ because of vicious on-line trolling following a feud with pressure group Fathers 4 Justice.

Caroline Nokes, MP for Romsey and Southampton North, says she fears for her and her daughter’s safety after being deluged for 18 months with emails and Facebook and Twitter messages sent by supporters of the fathers’ rights group, who have made life a ‘living hell’.

Miss Nokes reneged on promises made before the General Election on parenting policy and the Children and Families Bill, enacted in 2012.
              ----------------------------------------------------------

I would love to see the same thing happen to Gauke. Partnership with f4j anyone?
              Maybe some of these bloody civil servants will start to realise their actions or lack of them have PERSONAL effects on peoples live that can push them to the brink. They seem to think its just a game without consequence.

Comment

Originally posted by the great escape View Post
                latest newsletter would help
                Hi TGE

There is a lot going on in the background and the Steering Group have been extremely busy.

A newsletter will be going out at the end of the month explaining all.

Best regards

Santa
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

List of Schemes subject to APN.. Doesnt Seem to include Montpelier

Hi,

Sorry for not posting for so long... but could someone please help.

Just doing a google search I cam across this pdf showing all the schemes that may be subject to an APN from HMRC.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload..._July_2014.pdf

My understanding was that Montpelier used a scheme reference number of 64663083 .

I may be being silly but I cant see that scheme number in the list.

Any ideas?

Comment

Schemes subject to APN

Hi, fellow cat,

Originally posted by futurecat View Post
                    My understanding was that Montpelier used a scheme reference number of 64663083 .
                    My tax returns had 64863085 which is on the list.

Comment

My tax returns had no scheme number so no idea if I'm included or not in the APNs.

Comment

Working...
                      X