• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reckless View Post
    Can someone clarify whether the £45 per month requested is an absolute amount per month or is to be added to the current monthly standing order amount?
    Hi Reckless, I've sent you a PM, which hopefully explains things.

If anyone has any queries, please send me an email at the usual info at notoretrotax address, and I will be happy to clarify.

We don't want to publish any financial details on the forum as I'm sure members understand.

Cheers

Santa
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Lastest Letter from Mr Gauke

Just received a new letter from mr Gauke courteous of my MP. Nothing new or helpful re APNs or S58. Just love his comment about time to pay and we should have known better - what a xxxx.
      One strange ending comment on his three page letter was that "Taxpayers are in the driving seat and their cooperation with hmrc will directly affect the speed with which their case can be progressed, including to a court or tribunal hearing" (really), for timescales.......bizarre maybe a clue - yes the hearing will be my bankruptcy!!!!
      Last edited by warlord; 25 July 2014, 13:26.

Comment

Originally posted by warlord View Post
        Just received a new letter from mr Gauke courteous of my MP. Nothing new or helpful re APNs or S58. Just love his comment about time to pay and we should have known better - what a xxxx.
        One strange ending comment on his three page letter was that "Taxpayers are in the driving seat and their cooperation with hmrc will directly affect the speed with which their case can be progressed, including to a court or tribunal hearing" (really), for timescales.......bizarre maybe a clue - yes the hearing will be my bankruptcy!!!!
        That ending comment is absolutely stunning! It is a direct threat that they will deliberately stall to deny you your day in court. Nothing short of Mafia talk.
        Normally such a thing would never go in writing.
        This kind of line shows that Gauke and friends are getting way overconfident.
        That's an incredible nugget which deserves be publicized in one way or another.
        Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by OneUnited View Post
          Just received this email from

HMRC Revenue&Customs <[email protected]>

Asks you to open an attachment BEWARE
          I've just received something similar from "[email protected]" with an attached zip file purporting to contain Tax Notices (P6, P6B), whatever they are.

I assume these aren't genuine...?

Comment

its a phishing scam:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/security/p6-p6b-example.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by warlord View Post

2007 was when my tribunal hearing was scheduled. Any delay is entirely of HMRC's making.

Comment

Hmrc letter

A lovely little letter today from hmrc inviting me to pay up all interest and (they say) tax due from any schemes I've been in. I have until jan 15 to contact them and arrange it, given anything I've been involved with is on the dotas list this seems like another dirty little play by them. Has anyone else received this ?

Comment

Originally posted by orientalist View Post
                  A lovely little letter today from hmrc inviting me to pay up all interest and (they say) tax due from any schemes I've been in. I have until jan 15 to contact them and arrange it, given anything I've been involved with is on the dotas list this seems like another dirty little play by them. Has anyone else received this ?
                  Yeah looks like a mass mailing, my guess is everyone got one

Comment

Haven't received anything yet. I'll move my dog's kennel to near the letterbox. He's feeling hungry.
                    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by lastManStanding View Post
                      Yeah looks like a mass mailing, my guess is everyone got one
                      It's from the hmrc counter-avoidance unit. Even the IT world has worked out its better and cheaper to invest in up front clarity and understanding with users rather than all the effort, expense and grief of defending an untenable position you've backed yourself into.....they really are not what this country needs ( backward thinking, uninventive, vision less and petty)......and breathe....

Comment

Working...
                      X