• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    Whether you join the website or not, we want to hear from you.

If you can't afford to make a donation send us a message via the website.

Contact Us | No To Retrospective Taxation

We are all in this together!!!
    Hi All,

Got a response from our Conservative MP.

Understands our distressing situation, but it was a Labour Law and the Coalition has made no indications that it will be changed.

But he sent my letter on to the Exchequer Secretary and will forward on the reply.

We'll see what that response will be and take it from there.

I've given more info via the 'contact us' on NTRT.

Grip.

Comment

Originally posted by GripRacing View Post
      Hi All,

Got a response from our Conservative MP.

Understands our distressing situation, but it was a Labour Law and the Coalition has made no indications that it will be changed.

But he sent my letter on to the Exchequer Secretary and will forward on the reply.

We'll see what that response will be and take it from there.

I've given more info via the 'contact us' on NTRT.

Grip.
      He understands our distressing situation my ar$e!

Arrange a meeting with him ASAP and put the facts to him and tell him what you expect him to do!

Comment

Another Letter to the PM

Just fired off the template letter put together for me by Whitehouse, plus personal stuff and the briefing notes to David Cameron, who is my MP. Asked for a face to face - probably end up with speaking to a minion, but at least its the first step. Expect to be 'Gauked' initially as well.

Comment

Originally posted by GripRacing View Post

but it was a Labour Law and the Coalition has made no indications that it will be changed.

What a pathetic excuse. When previous goverments make stupid legislation, the new ones alter it or retract it altogether! Otherwise what is the point in getting voted in if you're not going to change anything?

On a different note - chased my MP again today as have had no response from initial letter sent last month.

Comment

We are hearing from a lot of people who would like to join in but can't spare £200 at the moment.

If you are in this position, please get in touch.

We need people lobbying their MPs more than we need the money.

Contact Us | No To Retrospective Taxation

Comment

Assistance

If anyone is planning to see or write to their MP and needs guidance or assistance please do not hesitate to PM me and I will be able to help, as will DR of course.
              Join the campaign at
              http://notoretrotax.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                The tweets are 100% true.
                What's the latest on those tweets (they have disappeared of the notoretro twitter feed btw)?
                Last edited by nevergiveup; 19 May 2012, 09:41.

Comment

Meeting with MP

Had a second meeting at my MP's office yesterday (spoke with an assistanr as my MP is currently in hospital). Discussed the untruths in the standard Gauke response that my MP had previously solicited. I tabled the NTRT rebuttal letter, timeline and selected documentary evidence (H006, I009 plus copies of HMRC letters). She continued to be genuinely surprised by the whole debacle and appeared sympathetic to our plight. I also advised her of the names of other Labour MPs in Scotland who have been contacted by their constituents. She is going to talk with these MPs and then speak to Gauke, forwarding to him all the relevant documentary evidence. It's ironic that we seem to be getting more help from Labour than the Coalition!

Comment

Second Visit to MP

Went along for a second time to my MPs surgery this morning - armed with all the up-to-date literature and basis for our cause. Unfortunately he was across in Glasgow as there is a rather significant football match taking place there today(!) I suppose even MPs have passions outside of politics. No matter his parliamenteray aide was standing in for him and I buttonholed her for the duration of the surgery - no interruptions. Of course not quite the same as the man in person but she promised to onpass all the new documentation and the website details. I will make sure he is aware of all this with a third visit next month - and , I hope, more to come - until he is sick of the sight of my appearance on a Saturday morning.

Comment

K019

All - pls refer to K019 and dont hesitate to shove it in MP's faces, whatever party they support - our understanding of several MP meetings in the past 2 weeks is that these quotes from Cameron Osborne Gauke and Cable put them in a very difficult position in terms of changing their minds now that they are in power - Osborne's letter quite clearly spelled out the whole notion of entrapment.

I cannot (on this forum) give you details but assure you that K019 is one of the most powerful documents that can now be used, along with H006 and I009.
                      Join the campaign at
                      http://notoretrotax.org.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X