• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    That's a good summary re. penalties etc.
    DR - the link talks about paying penalties on the APN amount if the APN itself is not paid on time...I was actually referring to the fact we were going to charged interest only on Section 58.....

Has this changed and penalties are being added to the APN amount in advance ?

Comment

Originally posted by banchini View Post
      DR - the link talks about paying penalties on the APN amount if the APN itself is not paid on time...I was actually referring to the fact we were going to charged interest only on Section 58.....

Has this changed and penalties are being added to the APN amount in advance ?
      No, there is only interest.

Comment

Interest on APNs

Does anyone know if when we get the APNs whether they will have the interest due on the unpaid tax already on them or will they be just for the Tax only ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Oakleyacc View Post
          Does anyone know if when we get the APNs whether they will have the interest due on the unpaid tax already on them or will they be just for the Tax only ?

Thanks
          Tax only.

Comment

Interest

Thanks DonkeyRhubard !

I would really like the demand to be for the whole lot (Tax + interest + NI) in one go. I don't think I could cope with having to go down twice. To do that I guess I would have to cancel the appeal (+ postponement). On the other hand, I would like to delay the demand as long as possible to get better organised. So it's really a question of cancelling the appeal just before the APN comes out. Trouble is we wont know when that is.

I don't know whether cancelling the appeal after receiving the APN would have the effect of getting a new demand for the lot.

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Oakleyacc View Post
              I don't know whether cancelling the appeal after receiving the APN would have the effect of getting a new demand for the lot.
              I think it would.

You could wait until near the end of the 90 days to do this, and even buy more time by appealing the APN because you don't think the figures are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Fireship View Post
                Hmm, might be true for APN's etc but that's certainly not the case when HMRC were busily bastardising Hansard to get S58 passed!!
                Yep, and HMRC likely write all Gauke's letters for him.
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

PCG at the House of Commons right now

All you tweeters out there.

Get tweeting.

@insidepcg is asking for input from Freelancers. They are talking about issues #freelancers face.

Give them something to talk about.

Comment

Conservatives will loose 1.72m Votes

1.72 Million contractors - hmm wonder how many will be crazy enough to vote Conservatives again! Not that Labour are any better - if you think we actually have a choice.

Comment

Originally posted by freedomFighter2014 View Post
                      1.72 Million contractors - hmm wonder how many will be crazy enough to vote Conservatives again! Not that Labour are any better - if you think we actually have a choice.
                      Labour never have, never will.
                      Conversative always have, never will again.
                      UKIP ONLY OPTION (can't see me voting Liberal)

Comment

Working...
                      X