• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheDandy View Post
    Surprised they haven't gone on strike.
    Ahem! Strong support for HMRC action - News - PCS

Comment

Meeting Tiger too ...

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Yes. And they are a double edged sword.

f4j, with as many members as we have, changed the language of the courts and they way men were treated by use of the media. It was not all plain sailing - but overall it worked.

But things cannot get any worse for us.

I am meeting Tiger TV at the wharf 09:30 tomorrow.
      I've been approached by Tiger too. I've arranged to be filmed down on Hayling Island on Wednesday. What harm can telling the truth do?

Comment

Originally posted by jlg15333 View Post
        I've been approached by Tiger too. I've arranged to be filmed down on Hayling Island on Wednesday. What harm can telling the truth do?
        The harm it can and WILL do is that "the truth" is edited skilfully to serve whatever agenda the producer has.
        Anyone that has ever given an interview can testify that the truth is easily deformed to fit whatever the writer has in mind.... And TV is 10000% worse than print.
        If you think there is not already a precise script for the program...think again!
        Tread carefully,my friend.

www.dotas-scandal.org
        Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by jlg15333 View Post
          Just looking out for you guys. I understand the reasons for Brillo speaking to Tiger. We had a chat earlier.

I just have a deep mistrust of the mainstream media, formed by the spin I have seen over the past 6 years.
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
            Just looking out for you guys. I understand the reasons for Brillo speaking to Tiger. We had a chat earlier.

I just have a deep mistrust of the mainstream media, formed by the spin I have seen over the past 6 years.
            +1

www.dotas-scandal.org

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post

I agree with your mistrust but I can also see why BP is doing it as he has nothing to lose.

Plus while I can see how you have the mistrust you can easily write your story as poor people tricked into using Tax schemes, still not sure what is happening 10 years later rather than rich people trying to save a few bob.... And for any journalist that story is by far the most interesting story to tell....
              Last edited by eek; 23 June 2014, 20:45.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
                The harm it can and WILL do is that "the truth" is edited skilfully to serve whatever agenda the producer has.
                Anyone that has ever given an interview can testify that the truth is easily deformed to fit whatever the writer has in mind.... And TV is 10000% worse than print.
                If you think there is not already a precise script for the program...think again!
                Tread carefully,my friend.

www.dotas-scandal.org
                I hear you & I've thought about it & spoken to the editor and think we should get a fair say; after all it's in the program's interests to show how the issue of retrospection has affected people's lives. Otherwise it won't be a very thought provoking or controversial documentary about the work of a tax inspector, surely?

Comment

Originally posted by zaphrus View Post
                  Thank God for that - I thought it was for their action against us! :-)

Comment

FAQ APN

DR,

Is there any chance we can get an FAQ on where we are in terms of process for APN etc. as all this reading and understandable confusion is deeply distressing.

Some of the interesting items that keep reappearing would be useful..

e.g. you recently mention the 90 days plus appeals or disagreement on numbers etc. where depending on when you notice the error and notify HMRC could mean 130 days....

also what is the final details on penalties and interest in respect of APNs ?

Any other ideas on FAQs ?

Thanks in advance
                    Banchini

Comment

Originally posted by banchini View Post
                      DR,

Is there any chance we can get an FAQ on where we are in terms of process for APN etc. as all this reading and understandable confusion is deeply distressing.

Some of the interesting items that keep reappearing would be useful..

e.g. you recently mention the 90 days plus appeals or disagreement on numbers etc. where depending on when you notice the error and notify HMRC could mean 130 days....

also what is the final details on penalties and interest in respect of APNs ?

Any other ideas on FAQs ?

Thanks in advance
                      Banchini
                      There is a FAQ at dotas-scandal.org (probably in need of a lmakeover, but it exists...)

www.dotas-scandal.org
                      Last edited by DotasScandal; 23 June 2014, 22:43.

Comment

Working...
                      X