• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very few people are tweeting.....why?

Comment

Is there a kit for facebook?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Is there a kit for facebook?
        (I assume this is a serious question, though I'm not sure why a kit would be needed)

Facebook is not the social media of choice for this - it's barely looked at and more for family and friends to share photos or whatnot.

You will find on the other hand that practically all MPs are on Twitter and trying (for better or worse) to use it as a PR platform. Seriously, some of them are on it all the friggin time, posting the most mundane "achievements" they think will improve their public image.

Therefore, a good terrain for counter propaganda...

www.dotas-scandal.org
        Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Agree, Facebook is not the platform to communicate in a public way. Twitter is much better at that, which is why as DotasScandal says, the MPs are on it all the time, more for vanity than anything else.

Don't forget when tweeting to use the #FinanceBill2014 hashtag when space permits. And if you can hijack any other relevant hashtags, all the better.
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

One to make your blood boil today.

David Cameron wants to give lessons on the Magna Carta:

Cameron pledges lessons on Magna Carta as he seeks to push British values - UK Politics - UK - The Independent

Too bad he doesn't know it himself.

If you want to tweet about it, please use the hashtags #MagnaCarta and #FinanceBill2014

thanks

Comment

Why do few twitters?

I would have expected 1000's of twitters by now. This needs to go Viral within 2 days.

When Mahatma Gandhi wanted the occupying and oppressive British force out of India he created newspapers. As the MSM would not cover the liberation movement same applies here.He also did this in South Africa.
              Im twitting as NoToRetroTAX. Lost my old Id on this forum so created another one.

Comment

Originally posted by freedomFighter2014 View Post
                I would have expected 1000's of twitters by now. This needs to go Viral within 2 days.

When Mahatma Gandhi wanted the occupying and oppressive British force out of India he created newspapers. As the MSM would not cover the liberation movement same applies here.He also did this in South Africa.
                Im twitting as NoToRetroTAX. Lost my old Id on this forum so created another one.
                I think this sums up nicely why not more ppl are joining... https://twitter.com/BeenGauked/statu...20049832144896

www.dotas-scandal.org

Comment

Financial times

I am sure you may all be aware of the retrospective AP coverage in financial times this weekend.

This is the first time, I have read the word "retrospective" in front of the words "accelerated payment", in any tabloid/paper which is worth reading...

As we have been saying, once you've made people bankrupt, then they don't have the means to fight their case at the courts depriving of them of their basic rights.....

It is a shame, other papers are not interested.

Keep tweeting guys.

Comment

A plea

I remember when Section 58 was almost passed and I said to the other NTRT guys, "I can't do much more for some victims, apart from write their emails for them and hit the send button".

Most people were sitting around, hoping that somebody would fix the problem for them.

And now we come to the APN legislation which will affect 43,000 people and approx only 10 people are firing off tweets. Yet this thread has been viewed over a million times.

2 days to go until the ink dries on Clause 192 of the Finance Bill. We need an army of victims bombarding Cameron, Gauke and others with tweets. Please don't bury your heads in the sand and expect a handful of people to make much of a difference.

Seriously, HMRC must be laughing at this.

* with apologies to the people who are making a tremendous effort.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                      I remember when Section 58 was almost passed and I said to the other NTRT guys, "I can't do much more for some victims, apart from write their emails for them and hit the send button".

Most people were sitting around, hoping that somebody would fix the problem for them.

And now we come to the APN legislation which will affect 43,000 people and approx only 10 people are firing off tweets. Yet this thread has been viewed over a million times.

2 days to go until the ink dries on Clause 192 of the Finance Bill. We need an army of victims bombarding Cameron, Gauke and others with tweets. Please don't bury your heads in the sand and expect a handful of people to make much of a difference.

Seriously, HMRC must be laughing at this.

* with apologies to the people who are making a tremendous effort.
                      Like another member said a few weeks ago already, if this legislation does get passed, it will NOT be because of Gauke, Tories of LibDems - it will be because of people who knew, but had been complacent and didn't do their best to cause a rattle around this scandal.

Of course the end result is all not all up to us, but we should work AS IF it was.
                      I fear that a large number of those concerned STILL do not fully comprehend what the personal consequences will be for them if this does become law.
                      Divided, we'll ALL go down.

Comment

Working...
                      X