• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DR, just for clarity are they updated figures, i.e. to the current point in time.

Thanks
    Fred

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
      Sorry about that. My message was more aimed at non-members.

The FTT had to come along eventually and it's only surprising that it's taken HMRC a year since the Supreme Court decision to start the ball rolling.

The next NTRT newsletter should contain some more positive news.
      How many times have we had these conversations about it being all over? I've lost count tbo.

As DR said hopefully some more positive news in the NTRT letter so let's try to keep our heads up!

I'm still up for camping outside 10 Downing Street and if all NTRT member did this I'm sure it would cause quite a stir.

Comment

Originally posted by FredBasset View Post
        DR, just for clarity are they updated figures, i.e. to the current point in time.

Thanks
        Fred
        God, I hope so! Just miscalced my liability, and near had a cardiac. Realised my mistake, and re-did it. Seems now to be inline with the hellish figure I thought it was going to be. I still can't afford it though. As someone said a few days ago, the sword of Damocles is hanging over us.

I doubt we'll win at tribunal, but sometimes I allow myself a faint hope that we might. It wouldn't be the first thing they cocked up.

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
          I would quite like to know my total exposure but don't want to wake the tiger. Is there a specific dept. at hmrc to contact if I do want an Upto date statement?
          Montp should be able to provide you with an updated liability calculation. I've recently received one from TQ.
          http://notoretrotax.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by FredBasset View Post

Thanks
            Fred
            Yes, up to the end of this month - March 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
              Yes, up to the end of this month - March 2013.
              Hi DR, thats really useful information to add to start of thread like you did before and/or to add to ntrt website. I've largely been guessing over last year how much its grown by so i'm sure others appreciate your help as well

Comment

Originally posted by nevergiveup View Post

I'm still up for camping outside 10 Downing Street and if all NTRT member did this I'm sure it would cause quite a stir.
                I'll join you. I know you said you've heard the doom many times before and i agree you have to stay as upbeat as you possibly can but in my opinion we're approaching make or break and we will not be sitting waiting this time next year

Comment

Good news for me!

Just to lighten the mood slightly I became a father tonight! Daughter arrived weighing 5lb 14 and mum and baby doing well.

Very happy and going to revel in this moment!

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
                    Just to lighten the mood slightly I became a father tonight! Daughter arrived weighing 5lb 14 and mum and baby doing well.

Very happy and going to revel in this moment!
                    Congrats. Nice to hear some good news for a change!!!

Comment

Originally posted by travellingknob View Post
                      I'll join you. I know you said you've heard the doom many times before and i agree you have to stay as upbeat as you possibly can but in my opinion we're approaching make or break and we will not be sitting waiting this time next year
                      And to be honest one way or another I'll be glad when it's sorted. If that means I'm bankrupt for 1 year then so be it. Means I'll have to claim of the state for 12 months + but that will give me some kind of satisfaction (never claimed a penny in my whole life). At least they can only take my half of everything so that's what's keeping me going! I'll definitely be camping until this gets sorted. I've got 2 tents so HMRC can have 1

Comment

Working...
                      X