• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gauke is a fool, he had the opportun ity to over turn it and blame the old labour government, that window has now well and truly closed and its an embarrassing public uturn, or get pummelled as part of the ombudsman HMRC complaint

Comment

The truth about Hillsborough took 23 years to come out. Misfeasance, misconduct and maladministration seems to have been uncovered even with Chief Constables and Coroners so why should we be surprised about HMRC wrong doing.

The question is how long will it take for the truth about HMRC dishonesty, misconduct and maladministration to come out and who will the finger be pointed at?

Simon Davis, Martin Brooks, David MacDougall, Alan Brannigan, Andrew Barnett...

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
        I wonder who will get to share the cell with bubba in prison? I am sure whoever fesses up now will get a suspended sentence.

Comment

Compensation

The truth about Hillsborough took 23 years to come out. Misfeasance, misconduct and maladministration seems to have been uncovered even with Chief Constables and Coroners so why should we be surprised about HMRC wrong doing.

The question is how long will it take for the truth about HMRC dishonesty, misconduct and maladministration to come out and who will the finger be pointed at?

I wonder if there are compensation claims resulting from the findings at Hillsborough ?

The longer our plight goes on, and the longer the refusal to do something about it, the bigger the claims will be for compensation. This situation is seriously affecting many lives financially, mentally and I am sure physically.
          http://notoretrotax.org.uk/

Comment

Quite - as someone involved, I waited 23 years for yesterday's result and I am willing to wait as long as it takes for another result

Comment

Originally posted by StellaFan View Post
              Quite - as someone involved, I waited 23 years for yesterday's result and I am willing to wait as long as it takes for another result
              One either pays or keeps fighting. No third way. For some of us there is no choice - no money to pay. Its a fight to the death. Winner takes it all.

Comment

Originally posted by StellaFan View Post
                Obviously I make no comparison between the scales of injustice at Hillsborough and our situation.

However, as a former Whitehall official said on R4 this morning, there is still a deep seated culture of secrecy and a readiness to cover things up in Government departments. He also mentioned that Tony Blair is on record as saying that his biggest regret as PM was bringing in Freedom of Information.

Just like the Hillsborough families, we know HMRC are engaged in a cover up. We have proof that they have lied to Ministers and made statements in court which are untrue. We are certain that they are sitting on damning information eg. legal opinions which would expose the deception behind the BN66 clarification, and they won't be able to hide this from the Ombudsman.

Comment

We have proof that they have lied to Ministers and made statements in court which are untrue. We are certain that they are sitting on damning information eg. legal opinions which would expose the deception behind the BN66 clarification, and they won't be able to hide this from the Ombudsman.

I love it when you talk dirty DR.

Have a great weekend Mr B

Comment

Originally posted by TAF4 View Post

I love it when you talk dirty DR.

Have a really bad weekend Mr B
                    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
                      Gauke is a fool, he had the opportun ity to over turn it and blame the old labour government, that window has now well and truly closed and its an embarrassing public uturn, or get pummelled as part of the ombudsman HMRC complaint
                      I don't think Gauke is a fool; I believe he is obeying orders from above, from George Osborne, who would by now no doubt sell his own Granny to rustle up a few more quid in his desperation to cut the deficit.

It is widely agreed that Gauke has put his career before his principles, but now must be really wondering whether he will end up going down with the ship. His alleged stupidity will only be confirmed if he elects to maintain his refusenik stance and carry on regardless.

He would do well to consider what happened at the Nuremberg Trials - the excuse used by mid-ranking officers that "I was only obeying orders" didn't wash there.

Comment

Working...
                      X