• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    In other words "exceptional" is purely determined by how much £££ is at stake.
    its always £200m isnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by slogger View Post
      its always £200m isnt it?
      Yep that seems to be the magic number.

Btw, I hear HMRC now have a new strategy for dealing with tax avoidance

1) open enquiries into arrangements
      2) go through the motions of investigating them (the idea is to be seen to be doing something while actually doing nothing)
      3) wait until the tax loss exceeds the £200M mark
      4) get the Government to introduce retrospective legislation on the grounds that it is "exceptional"

Comment

NTRT

Excellent newsletter NRTR, just loving the sentiment!!!

Comment

NTRT update

What an inspiring email. Makes you feel that justice will actually be done and we do actually live in a fair democracy!! Huge thank you to all for their efforts and giving us hope.

Comment

Latest Update.

That made me smile!

Comment

Brilliant update NTRT!!

That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                BTW If anyone wants to write to the journalist concerned, try [email protected]
                Done

Comment

Tremendously uplifting NTRT newsletter this morning. Had me grinning from ear to ear. That's what I call fighting talk! Bring it on!

Comment

Latest NTRT Update

Excellent read.

Comment

And its not on the website so I have to wait until I get home to check my email.

Comment

Working...
                      X