• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You know IR35 is a bad thing when....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know IR35 is a bad thing when....

....you write some work off you did for £500 as a bad debt (customer not paying, nor any chance of paying) and immediately think. "Great IR35 defence, better document this" not where is my £500 you robbing fecks.

the permies in the office are allowed to work from home but you as a contractor are not!

Then you think you can use that to form part of a defence against IR35.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      ....you write some work off you did for £500 as a bad debt (customer not paying, nor any chance of paying) and immediately think. "Great IR35 defence, better document this" not where is my £500 you robbing fecks.
      See my sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        See my sig.
        Yes I see the appeal.
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
          Surely a legitimate business would engage the services of a debt collection agency? Only a disguised permie would write off £500, as at least they know where their next meal ticket is coming from...
          Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
            Surely a legitimate business would engage the services of a debt collection agency? Only a disguised permie would write off £500, as at least they know where their next meal ticket is coming from...
            WHS
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

A legitimate business would and I'm looking at it

Still in the meantime its a nice IR35 pointer and even if I get a recovery it'll still look better than no problems getting paid. Not that it proves I'm more of a business but HMRC like what HMRC like.

Comment

What we should do is start invoicing each others ltd companies, creating a massive tangled paper trail for HMRC to be buried under in case of IR35 investigation.

Comment

What we should do is start invoicing each others ltd companies, creating a massive tangled paper trail for HMRC to be buried under in case of IR35 investigation.
                  And what business services have you provided my company with?

(I had to ask that even though I know I shouldn't.)
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    And what business services have you provided my company with?

(I had to ask that even though I know I shouldn't.)

IR35 compliance analysis.

Or any other IT related service.

Or any other non-IT related service. We here @ myco are very open minded. And will do pretty much anything for money.

Anything.

giggity
                    Last edited by doomage; 19 April 2012, 15:36. Reason: edit for emphasis.

Comment

Working...
                    X