• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Am I under the 24 rule?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you mean "finally"?

Comment

Originally posted by Craig@InTouch View Post
      What do you mean "finally"?
      Her full name is Craigella but it didn't fit in the username box.....
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
        I thought Sally was you and you had finally come out
        ... clearly you haven't met Craig then!!
        http://www.linkedin.com/in/sallyfletcher

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Her full name is Craigella but it didn't fit in the username box.....
          Craigella...NorthernLadyUk....both didn't fit at the time of creating an account so we settled for the masculine

Comment

Thanks for all the support,

Then the conclusion should be (?):

1) I can't claim the rent of my house because this house is in the same place than my LTD, but If my LTD is in the office of my accountant and he is in another city (London for example), Could do I claim for this expenses?

2) Althought I leave my principal residence in Spain to come here If I have my LTD in the place of the house I rented near of work, I can't claim for the rent.

<removed>

True?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by friendspark View Post

1) I can't claim the rent of my house because this house is in the same place than my LTD, but If my LTD is in the office of my accountant and he is in another city (London for example), Could do I claim for this expenses?
              You need to ask your accountant. I am surprised he told you that you can't but hasn't offered an alternative or a better explaination of your situation. I would take a guess at yes as it is just the location of your LTD that seems to be the issue.

2) Althought I leave my principal residence in Spain to come here If I have my LTD in the place of the house I rented near of work, I can't claim for the rent.
              Isn't this exactly the same question as 1)?

<removed>
              This link would be correct if the accomodation you are moving to is temporary to do your work and not related to your LTD.

Speak to your accountant again and nail him down to either give you an alternative that works and/or a better explaination of why he thinks you can't. This is a bit out of ordinary for us as we are mostly UK based so don't get in to this situation.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by friendspark View Post

<snip>

True?

Thanks.

Regardless of where your company is registered, your house is your primary residence and therefore not an allowable expense. If you worked a distance from your current house and had to rent elsewhere, instead of daily commuting, then that would be allowable with all the associated utility costs.
                http://www.linkedin.com/in/sallyfletcher

Comment

Working...
                X