• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agencies CAN refuse to use opt-in contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Odd. I thought that was answered... Ho hum...
    There were two responses from CC / BoD members, however the question remains unanswered.

Feel free to quote / post a link / PM me a link where the question was answered, though
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

The regulations are intended for temporary employees. For a typical IT contractor operating outside IR35, he won't be under the control of the client and therefore the regs don't apply anyway. If you read the gov regs it clearly states this with a very clear example of an IT contractor, which I would say is good description of an IT contractor outside of IR35.

An individual has set up his own limited company through which he provides
      IT services. He has a contract with a TWA and is supplied to work on a specific
      project with an anticipated duration of 12 months. The individual has no fixed
      working pattern and can determine how and when he performs the services; he
      can also send a substitute to perform the services at any time or payment is
      made on specific deliverable or on a fixed price and not simply on an hour, daily
      or weekly rate. However, he is subject to the hirer’s reasonable and lawful
      instructions. Given the absence of personal service and mutuality of obligation,
      the company is a client or customer of the individual, therefore the individual is
      out of scope. This must be a true reflection of the reality of the relationships 13
      between the parties involved and not simply a reflection of the contractual terms
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        The regulations are intended for temporary employees. For a typical IT contractor operating outside IR35, he won't be under the control of the client and therefore the regs don't apply anyway. If you read the gov regs it clearly states this with a very clear example of an IT contractor, which I would say is good description of an IT contractor outside of IR35.
        That's the AWR which does not apply to contractors. This thread is discussing agencies requiring opt out of the conduct regs.

Comment

Working...
        X