• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New PCG IR35 Questionnaire

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
    For any PCG members pop over and read this post

https://www.pcg.org.uk/info/ubbthrea...53#Post1339453

It's gives a good view on why we are at this point with the HMRC

Read what, the whole forum?? Its not a link to a specific post...
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
      Read what, the whole forum?? Its not a link to a specific post...
      Make sure you're logged in first? But it's the sticky top post in the Governance board
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
        For any PCG members pop over and read this post

https://www.pcg.org.uk/info/ubbthrea...53#Post1339453

It's gives a good view on why we are at this point with the HMRC

Can you post a synopsis for those who are not PCG members?
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Came out as MEDIUM.

Some of the questions strike me as total bollacks though.

Spend £1200 on advertising (how eaxctly is this a test of being a 'real' business?)
          Have failed to get paid for 10% (really so its in your interests not to chase payments?)
          Have a separate office (so home-based businesses are not allowed?)

I guess we'll have to wait for the proper HMRC stuff but it looks like their trying to come up with things that IT contractors may fail on but other undisputed businesses would also fail on! Cant see this getting very far.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
            Can you post a synopsis for those who are not PCG members?
            Join tight-arse!
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

The truth about the tests

The reality is that the HMRC tests and their weighting have been finalised and should be published by HMRC after Easter. The scores are NOT going to be changed at this stage and NO new tests are going to be incorporated. The tests are nothing to do with deciding IR35 status. The tests are a very minor part of the improvements to the admiistration of IR35. Taking the tests is voluntary.

Why all the fuss?

Kate Cottrell

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                Join tight-arse!
                No! I left the PCG because it was an expensive and rather pointless talking shop.
                Cats are evil.

Comment

No! I left the PCG because it was an expensive and rather pointless talking shop.
                  So don't be too surprised when those who have joined don't want to share the benefits of having done so then.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Expensive? A tenner a month ? I'm glad I'm not on your rate. Are you sure you're cut out for contracting ?

Not sure how long ago you left, but it's far from pointless. And the protection from investigation is worth a damn sight more thana tenner a month.
                    World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by Kate Cottrell View Post
                      The reality is that the HMRC tests and their weighting have been finalised and should be published by HMRC after Easter. The scores are NOT going to be changed at this stage and NO new tests are going to be incorporated. The tests are nothing to do with deciding IR35 status. The tests are a very minor part of the improvements to the admiistration of IR35. Taking the tests is voluntary.

Why all the fuss?

Kate Cottrell
                      My understanding was that the 12 tests are finalised but the scoring may be revised if the results gathered over the next year aren't clearly distinguishing the differences between high, medium and low risk categories. Clearly nobody gains if the scoring is such that everyone comes out the same.

Taking the tests is voluntary but I won't be surprised if HMRC decide as part of an investigation process that not having taken them is an good reason to look a little deeper.

And the fuss is because nobody trusts HMRC's motives in anything any more.
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X