• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Cash Reserve

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craig@InTouch View Post
    Just a minor technical point. Retained profit is profit after deducting corporation tax and dividends paid.

Turnover less expenses is net profit. Corporation tax is charged at 20% on net profit. Profit after tax less dividends paid equals retained profit.

CT isn't strictly charge on net profit as there can be some accounting and tax adjustments e.g. capital allowances, to make on net profit but the basic framework is as above.
    I did wonder how long it would be before the answer came out

I would like to make a suggestion:

Accounting for Dummies

Maybe mods could sticky it lol....
    Last edited by tractor; 30 March 2012, 14:27.

Comment

Originally posted by harrison View Post
      I have employed an accountant but shes not killing herself with pro-activity! Im overseas so its difficult just to knock on her door. I am all over the legit expenses etc.. But I see this matter needs some input from her sooner rather than later.

Cheers
      Have you asked her the question? If not I don't see how you can really criticise her, and what exactly do you expect her to be "proactive" about?

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post

Accounting for Dummies

It is amazing the number of people who go into business for themselves without even a basic understanding isn't it!!

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post

Accounting for Dummies

It was like an itch I couldn't help but scratch!

Comment

I Already asked her the question (over a week ago) alas no response! And its all a learning curve, and self employment happened for me very quickly 'forced'. hence im still playing catch up.

Comment

Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
              It is amazing the number of people who go into business for themselves without even a basic understanding isn't it!!
              That is why IR35 ought to include a questionaire to be filled in by the director and if the person doesn't understand his business or his relationship with the client agent they should fail IMO. How can someone not understand these yet demonstrate the are working as a business for IR35. Not as clear cut and not putting that forward as an option but does bear thinking about.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
                Absolutely! The first book I ever bought when I moved into IT oh so very many years ago was a Collins-Gem Mathematics Basic Facts book. Kept it with me for years so that I didn't make stupid mistakes. From then on, I only made clever ones

Seriously though, the Dummy series on almost any topic and many basic reference books are a must.

Comment

I Already asked her the question (over a week ago) alas no response! And its all a learning curve, and self employment happened for me very quickly 'forced'. hence im still playing catch up.
                  Plenty of good accountants around that advertise and even post on here. Can't get anyone that knows contractors better.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I am not currently on a pay role, though I will need to start paying some dividends and salary soon (a small one of course).

Umm, seems I need to get the accountant earning her keep!

Great site by the way, lots of info on subjects that i didnt even know where subjects
                    Get rid of accountantant
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

A week and no response. Sod that. Would be gone by now.
                      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X