• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free grant available for all running through Ltd company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free grant available for all running through Ltd company

This really seems too good to be true:
    www.payrollgivinggrants.org

You can get a grant of several hundred pounds by setting up a payroll giving scheme. So, basically, you can give a little through your own payroll and get even more back as a grant for setting up this scheme. Whether you want to donate this grant to charity or not is upto you.

Has anyone done this?

not seen it before, so thanks for posting this. Can't see any actual catches (though the ethics of not donating the grant to charity look a little dodgy to me).

I'll be signing up, there's a monkey rescue centre for chimps with RSI that I've been meaning to help out for while....
    Plan A is located just about here.
    If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

Looks like a winner to me...although ethically I think I would have to donate the grant (or at least the difference between the grant and what I have paid i.e. profity).

That way I can advertise on my company site that we support a charity...can't beat a bit of good PR...and it won't cost me a penny

Although lets not kid ourselves, its us that Gord is getting the grants from in the first place!

Comment

Sod the charity. Pay the cash out and burn it.

After working for a couple of charities indirectly, they are cash wasters. When they spend nearly £100k on some intranet software for 50 staff then you can see exactly what we're talking about.

My ethics will match theirs.
        Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

I have nothing to say.I just wanted to have the last post on all boards
          Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
            I have nothing to say.I just wanted to have the last post on all boards
            Sorry you failed

Comment

The only catch is thay they dont pay out untill the first payroll donation has been made. No specified minimum but it does mean signing up to a payroll giving agent and sorting the payroll process at your end, or getting your accounatnt to do it anyway.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by boredsenseless
                Sorry you failed
                Ah but... you weren't there at that momentous time of 8.50 when I did, in fact, succeed!

My work here is done...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                X