• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What type of company??????? - HELP NEEDED!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What type of company??????? - HELP NEEDED!!!

Hello All
    I am an overseas national planning on setting up a company in UK. Basically I trade in used construction equipment (big really heavy machines) in UAE and would like to do some business in UK as well.

I wish to form a company. I have absolutely no clue as to what sort of company this is going to be: let me explain breifly:
    1-It will involve selling and buying machines only.
    2-One small yard for parking machines
    3-And one director (me )

NOW: I have been contacting certain lawyers who have given me a quote of 30,000-50,000 pounds for a process of 3 months for getting the company formed. DOES IT REALLY TAKE THAT MUCH..???????????

secondly I was reading one of the company formation forum threads and I found out that forming a company is pretty simple and straight forward...but why is it soooooooooo simple in this website......???? , and why do the lawyers want so much money and time????

thirdly can some expert who has gone through all this kindly tell me how to proceed properly. I have all the info I need from Lawyers but I need to know from someone whos actually been through all this. This will help me from getting bitten from a place I might not have needed...

thanks alot

Karim

speak to an accountant not a lawyer

Comment

You dont need a lawyer, you need an accountant.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Co formation

Got to Google and do a search on Company formation. You'll find hundreds of Companies offering to do this for you.

We do the formations too - £125 and takes about 3 hours before the Company is formed.

No idea where the lawyers get the £30,000 from though.
        P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Now that you've armed yourself with the knowledge that it costs a minimal amount and takes only a day or so (if that) to set up a company, go back to those lawyers and clarify what the time and expense is for.

Comment

pounds, rupees or rubbles

There may be a communication issue between you and the lawyer.
            The lwayer could be think of a different currency to the pounds.
            £30,000 is too much.
            Last edited by bushface; 19 May 2006, 14:44.

Comment

Working...
            X