• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PAYE Notification Query

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAYE Notification Query

Hector has given me a D0 tax notification with an 'X' in the 1 week / 1 month notification.
    The impact of which is 40% deduction for tax every month. I'll probably hit the the 40% with Dividends for the current tax year once dividends are added but only marginal.

Basically Director/Employee of my company. The PAYE hit will be approx. 3600 per year which in effect is taken and not to be rebated for probably 9 months after the year end.

This creates a blackhole in my finances somewhat.... Do I have any options in getting this to be changed?

P.S. Bonus to the first person who says discuss with accountant....

You can apply to have your coding changed. Hector probably thinks that yours is a second employment.

Ask your accountant about it.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

As NaT says you can apply to get it changed, just call HMRC directly and explain the situation to them.

HMRC Contact us
      ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Thanks for responding..... Willl call tomorrow to see if I can resolve this, and will enjoy the 30 minutes on hold before I speak to someone......

Probablly won't be able to change before this months PAYE submission though as I assume that they'll need to send through a notification to change the code. As the employer I cannot ignore the current notification for processing PAYE can I?

Nice to know it could well be sorted.

Cheers J.

Comment

Working...
        X