• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Setting up limited company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck
    When I set up my account with the Abbey there was no requirement for the Co Sec to put their mark anywhere near the app form, unless I wanted them to.
    Actually, I just opened an account with Abbey (Feb) and The Sec had to sign As well (mandatory), but like said earlier, the Sec dont need access to your Bank

The other thing to bear in mind is that Your bank will definately want to see all signatories in person with all their required proof of identity

css_jay99
    Last edited by css_jay99; 4 May 2006, 12:14.

Comment

Barclays too, but it was setup through the company formation agent I used which meant sending stuff away and waiting a while. If I was doing it again I'd just walk down to the local branch and open an account.

My company secretary is also the formation agent, and so to keep Barclays happy I had to write a letter to say the co. sec. wasn't a signatory and didn't have any access to the account.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

div stamps?

I have just opened a company account with the co op bank. Just me to sign and had to show some ID. My accountant is the secretary. Had to ask him for his home address, dob and nationality, which he was quite happy to supply. Paperwork handled at a local branch. All very painless.

Comment

hours to register limited company

Hi, I went on a site and registered my company withing 3 hours. You get you certificate of incorporation and company number. I had no problem with it.

Regards

Originally posted by Hogan
          Hi All,

I need to setup a limited company in order to sign a contract I've been offered - the agent needs the company details as soon as possible to get things going.

If I apply online (they seem to be offering a three hour service via this very website) - will this give me everything I need to get going - e.g. company number - or do I need to wait for things to be sent to me for filling in and returning ?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Example of IR35 Opt Out Letter

Hi,
            Has anyone got a sample of an Opt Out letter that they could send me.

Please I need help.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
              Hi,
              Has anyone got a sample of an Opt Out letter that they could send me.

Please I need help.

Thank you
              You want to opt out of agency regulations which is a pointer to not being an employee (and you are therefore less likely to be caught by IR35). I suggest you read the guides on the PCG website. They'll give you most of what you need. www.pgc.org.uk

HTH

Comment

Opt Out IR35

Thank you.

I have been on the site but you have to join up to get any relvant info.

I thought that I needed to opt out IR35 so that I was not deemed an employee of the agengy who is finding me interim contracts.

Comment

unfortunately IR35 conditions are not something you can opt out of...
                  The opt out form is something quite different to your tax situation..
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

What do you mean??

Originally posted by kramer
                    unfortunately IR35 conditions are not something you can opt out of...
                    The opt out form is something quite different to your tax situation..

Comment

when you sign the opt out form with your agency this is what you are opting out of

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2003/20033319.htm

however this does not directly affect how the HMRC view your contract for IR35 purposes. This is a different process and while opting out may form part of your defence with regard to an IR53 status investigation it is by no means the foundation for that argument...
                      I stand to be corrected (most probably on punctuation and spelling).

My best advice is that if you are unclear seek professional help from both an employmeny lawyer or/and an experienced accountant.
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Working...
                      X