• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Contractor : PI / Professional / Employee Liability Insurances

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You are kidding right? What is up with you today?
    Bored maybe?

But seriously. A BA can't do much damage if they are acting legally.

Comment

It took me ages to explain to the agent that i dont need EL, although they kept on insisting on it. Anyway they eventually agreed after i quoted some guidance text to them to not buy it unless i employ someone as a subistitute for my role. (anyway i do have EL as it was part of a bundle insurance offer i have) but still i like to explain things properly rather than getting pushed by an agent who does not understand all the proper requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by prozak View Post
        Bored maybe?

But seriously. A BA can't do much damage if they are acting legally.
        They don't have to do damage to cost the company money. They can act negligently which then costs money to fix. If the BA's on the project I work on don't get it right first time the whole dam thing will get screwed. I would get this insurance if I was them!

Being bored doesn't mean you can drop bombs on the forum without applying any common sense whatsoever... That is my job!

Professional liability insurance (PLI), also called professional indemnity insurance (PII) but more commonly known as errors & omissions (E&O) in the US, is a form of liability insurance that helps protect professional advice- and service-providing individuals and companies from bearing the full cost of defending against a negligence claim made by a client, and damages awarded in such a civil lawsuit. The coverage focuses on alleged failure to perform on the part of, financial loss caused by, and error or omission in the service or product sold by the policyholder.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X