• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Choice of Umbrella Company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choice of Umbrella Company

Hi Guys,

Need some advice. I am working with a company right now and they are not letting me work under my Own Limited Copany or through a Umbrella Company of my choice.

I can only work for them through an umbrella Company called : OrangeGenie, who charges about £110/month for their administration and also do the Payslips in a very unique and difficult way.

When I asked the company to let me change the Umbrella company, they refused to do it.

Please advice. Thanks

What is it with this Genie ? It's like a recurring nightmare, try over in General just ask for Northern Lad and tell him I sent you.

Comment

Comment

Assuming this is genuine, then you have two choices:

1 - Go with Orange Genie and stick with the client.

2 - Go with someone else and move to a different client.

I've never heard of a client refusing to deal with a limited company - I presume that they force all their suppliers to go through an umbrella.....
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

In such situations when the client wants something that costs more than you'd like to spend increase your rate to compensate.

£110 / 160 hours per month = increase rate by 70p per hour. Payslips are now costing the client not you.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The user has seen the error of his ways and has duplicated this thread in the Umbrella forum...

I thanqew
            Last edited by northernladuk; 10 November 2011, 16:27.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X