• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency hasnt paid but does umbrella company have to pay me?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thequ1ck
    Some brolly companies e.g. Giant require an employee to opt-out
    from the Working Time Directive in order for them to be covered by
    IR35 insurance.

Crikey, where to start on this one.....

Comment

Originally posted by Billy67
      My agency is claiming cash flow problems - etc - I user an umbrella company (Parasol) - do Parasol have to pay me?
      Are you opted out? If not then they are in breech of the DTI conduct of employment agencies act. If you are then refer to your contract for issues of late payment and associated penalties.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

What??

Regulation 32(11) a limited company contractor cannot give such notice (ref opt-out) part way through an assignment. Any notice given while working in a particular position will not be effective until after the limited company contractor/person working through the limited company contractor stops working in that position.

Originally posted by meridian
        Crikey, where to start on this one.....

Comment

Originally posted by thequ1ck
          What??

Regulation 32(11) a limited company contractor cannot give such notice (ref opt-out) part way through an assignment. Any notice given while working in a particular position will not be effective until after the limited company contractor/person working through the limited company contractor stops working in that position.

Quite.

32(11) that you're referring to in this post relates to opting out of the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.

Opting out of the Working Time Directive (article 18, if you're interested) opts you out of the 48-hour week restriction.

Denny's post related to the Agency regs, but Central Scrutiniser confused the issue by jumping to the WTD regs. Different opt-outs......

Comment

Working...
          X