• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Court of Appeal and beyond

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by screwthis View Post
    Most likely yes.

I would expect that a creditor is playing hard ball and they are liquidating a company in response.

Hopefully this does not mean the group as a whole is shutting up shop and this is merely a restructuring.
    Also, don't forget even in a worst case scenario, PWC are still proceeding with 'our' case.

A couple of observations about the text. If it's intended to be a cut and paste from the notice, it looks fake to me. It's grammatically incorrect in several places. So I think wait, but don't stress.

BP - I'm shocked about the moon landings!

Comment

Well I can't see anything online about this. Only thing google finds is this forum. DR any update yet?

Comment

pure speculation on my part but I suspect its either a windup or is to do with one of their companies and doesnt mean MP in their entirety are going down the tubes...lets wait and see...

Comment

No one on the IOM has heard anything about this, don't think it's anything to worry about

Comment

It's a non-story

(Most of you will know who the 'horse' is.)

I have it from the horse's mouth that this is a non-story.

It is business as usual for all clients of Montpelier.

The fight against BN66 goes on.

Have a good weekend.

DR

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post

Have a good weekend.

DR
              Thank god for that ! Cheers DR

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post

Have a good weekend.

DR
                What would we do without you DR? Thanks as per normal and have a good weekend!

Comment

There was me poised to by my ticket to Vegas with what little money I had, weekend spoilt now!! ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by screwthis View Post
                    I would expect that a creditor is playing hard ball and they are liquidating a company in response.
                    And if this does turn out to be the case, it should prove to those that want to sue MP that they are wasting their time...

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
                      And if this does turn out to be the case, it should prove to those that want to sue MP that they are wasting their time...
                      Actually, it isn't quite the case.

However never mind whether it's a waste of time or not.

MP are the only thing standing between us and the dogs at HMRC.

If people only knew the personal and financial commitment the main man has made to fighting BN66, including taking it all the way to Europe, they would be a heck of a lot more circumspect.
                      Last edited by DonkeyRhubarb; 3 September 2011, 08:55.

Comment

Working...
                      X