• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Court of Appeal and beyond

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toocan View Post
    Tony Blair is well known for using business or tax structures - I think The Guardian attempted to trace through all of his companies. I guess this rule would make it much easier for someone in his position to manage his taxes.

HMRC must accept that MPs may do this, as they draft the finance acts along with the treasury. So in a perverse sort of way, HMRC have actually set up an open tax avoidance scheme for MPs.

Just read that article, what a bunch of hypocritical f**kwits they are, stuff like this leads to the anarchy we saw a few weeks back and is it really any wonder why, I didn't realise appartied still existed in the UK but it obviously does when it comes to MP's, they are a unique race and the rest of us are just cash cows.

F**k em!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      And I can help organize the celebration party when we win? I think my timescale prediction of 2012 is looking a bit optimistic - the wheels of justice turn slowly.
      nice to see you, to see you nice old bean

Comment

Live televised coverage of Supreme Court

And I can help organize the celebration party when we win? I think my timescale prediction of 2012 is looking a bit optimistic - the wheels of justice turn slowly.
        I reckon we'll get a hearing in the SC around June/July, with a decision before the end of 2012.

By the way, proceedings of the SC are televised live here:
        Supreme Court (UK): Live TV Coverage Of Cases, Provided By Sky News

This uses something called Microsoft Silverlight.

Does anyone know how I could capture this on hard-disk/DVD? Ideally video+audio but just audio would do.

Comment

back from beyond...

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
          It's bloody good to have you back mate.

We could certainly do with a bit more of the fighting spirit around here.
          Ditto - welcome back BP missed you.
          The Cat

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
            No they didn't, but if you can't see an analogy in my point, I'm not going to waste my time explaining it in nursery school English

Amazing what comes out of the woodwork after lurking for so long Now where did I put that fungicide?
            Originally posted by silver_lining View Post
            dear oh dear .......another one........

remember your mantra and stay on the wagon, ....."I must not speak out and remove all doubt... repeat... ".....
            Just a reminder that this thread is in the professional forums and that stronger rules apply here than in General. Keep it civil please.

Very glad to see you back Brillo.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I reckon we'll get a hearing in the SC around June/July, with a decision before the end of 2012.

Does anyone know how I could capture this on hard-disk/DVD? Ideally video+audio but just audio would do.
              I use Virtual Audio Cable for audio. But there are free streaming video and audio capturers. You might wish to pose the question in Techncial.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

BrilloPad 4 Admin 4 Ever

Was party to the BrilloPad and Admin negotiations and I would like to congratulate them both on amicably resolving these issues.

Palestine/Isreal need you both on a plane now !!

Welcome back BP ...we really missed you.

Your mate

CPBWRN

Comment

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
                  Was party to the BrilloPad and Admin negotiations and I would like to congratulate them both on amicably resolving these issues.

Palestine/Isreal need you both on a plane now !!

Welcome back BP ...we really missed you.

Your mate

CPBWRN
                  Indeed you were Mr Kissinger! I basically want to be around for when we win. The only way retrospection will fly is if the judges get bribed - the more senior they get the harder it is to do.

Comment

In the unlikely event that HMRC win the SC hearing will they enforce collection while we appeal to Europe? In the likely event that we win the SC hearing do HMRC have ant further way of appealing?

Comment

Indeed you were Mr Kissinger! I basically want to be around for when we win. The only way retrospection will fly is if the judges get bribed - the more senior they get the harder it is to do.
                      Welcome back BP. I hope you will be able to make a positive contribution in the fight to get justice 4 S58.

I hope your jibe that the only way we can win is to bribe the judge was tongue in cheek. If you read the transcripts of both the JR and CoA you will see the reason we lost so far is becuse we lost the argument.

I think TSBT is putting together a document to highlight shortcomings in MontP's submission in the hope it will be passed onto them to up their game.

Comment

Working...
                      X