• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Court of Appeal and beyond

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
    DR,

Wonder if it is worth updating the front page summary to put a request for folks to see their MP ..

Also is it worth updating the one pager you did

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...ml#post1519773

no mention of india using UK retro legislation against us currently on that link

respect

NO SURRENDER etc
    This thread has got a bit too long so I'm planning to start a new one in a day or two and completely revamp the front page. The emphasis will be on the political campaign rather than the legal stuff which will tick along in the background.

Cheers
    DR

Comment

“HMRC has made it clear that it considered that the scheme did not work and has regularly recommended that payments on account be made”

- hmmm interesting! I had my first Tax Return in the scheme back in 2004 investigated and then cleared by the Inland Revenue; but now they want backdated interest from the same!!

Comment

C'mon people

Any chance you can take this offline, or in the background ? We're all in the same boat here to one degree or another and it'd be good to not get sidetracked.
        Last edited by TalkingCheese; 17 April 2012, 12:52. Reason: sidetracked, not sidelined !
        http://notoretrotax.org.uk/

Comment

Guys and girls.

Please can we all refrain from insults and try to get along nicely. In a while this campaign is going to receive a lot more publicity, and so will this forum. So we need to maintain a certain decorum.

For those who like to trade insults, there's always the "general" discussion thread
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by p4nd4b34r View Post
            obviously parliament's a dead end guys..
            Is it worth looking at it as more of a War of Attrition?

I wouldn't mind betting that there are a goodly number of people at the Treasury & HMRC who are desperately hoping that this will all just quietly go away.

And take a good look at the letters which emerge from those 2 departments. They're pathetic! Whoever writes these letters is really struggling to produce any kind of rational argument at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Disgusted of Coventry View Post
              Is it worth looking at it as more of a War of Attrition?

I wouldn't mind betting that there are a goodly number of people at the Treasury & HMRC who are desperately hoping that this will all just quietly go away.

And take a good look at the letters which emerge from those 2 departments. They're pathetic! Whoever writes these letters is really struggling to produce any kind of rational argument at all.
              I agree. And they are very frustrating letters. I know that politicians are very good at avoiding the question but in this case they are not even addressing it with another question or an answer to a different question. It just says nothing, and seems to ignore the questions we are asking. Too many questions
              http://notoretrotax.org.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by TalkingCheese View Post
                I agree. And they are very frustrating letters. I know that politicians are very good at avoiding the question but in this case they are not even addressing it with another question or an answer to a different question. It just says nothing, and seems to ignore the questions we are asking. Too many questions
                Indeed. And you notice the way the replies are all the same.....

Comment

Originally posted by Disgusted of Coventry View Post
                  Maybe they should be asking themselves why, after 4 years, this shows no signs of going away.

As things stand, we have no choice but to get louder and louder until someone listens.

Comment

HotPasty, you've been given the opportunity to take this particular brand of handbags offline via PM or General. Take it.

This sort of behaviour is not tolerated in this thread - or in any of the professional forums.

Comment

make friends make friends never never break friends

Brillopad is a top guy...and was one of the rocks in this chat and supported us from the start .. but can occasionally be a bit hasty ... Helen7 and his ban show this but he is a good man and one to have on our side.

Hot Pasty ... you are new on the forum so forgive the concern and try to ignore any slights ....

So boy's/girls ... can we stop using the T word ... and point scoring ... lets get back on topic ... and try and see positive in posts and ignore the negative.

group

Comment

Working...
                      X