• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Court of Appeal and beyond

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toocan View Post
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...ml#post1507986

Be careful - if they believe in their 'fix' then they should be happy with a success fee rather than an upfront fee.
    As you say, there will be many vulnerable people who could all too easily be taken advantage of.

Is there any way of determining the validity of the claim on bn66.co.uk? Their argument sounds absurdly simplistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Disgusted of Coventry View Post
      As you say, there will be many vulnerable people who could all too easily be taken advantage of.

Is there any way of determining the validity of the claim on bn66.co.uk? Their argument sounds absurdly simplistic.
      Well one guy (singular) even if true is not much of a track record. And they only used to do settlements if HMRC thought there was less than a 50% chance of winning.

At this time it's easy to be tempted by the "fruit". But this is not Alan and Eve so whilst you can all do as you please, the promise of sanctity from all of this with some low hanging fruit is not something I'd want to bite on. But hey, if this is all possible, get onto Mr. B and ask him for the same 30% deal as bs66 have managed. Or at least ask him for written confirmation like you do a plumber "do you do deals for cash?". Come on, everyone has asked something like that before. Oops, everyone must be engaged in tax avoidance then but without telling HMRC. That's evasion! Jesus, everyone who paid the window cleaner in cash or the gardener the same might be liable to tax evasion charges! Call bs66 now on 0800-TULIP and ask for Alan or Eve. Damned d and m keys don't work...

Perspective people.

Comment

Originally posted by Tax_shouldnt_be_taxing View Post
        At this time it's easy to be tempted by the "fruit". But this is not Alan and Eve so whilst you can all do as you please, the promise of sanctity from all of this with some low hanging fruit is not something I'd want to bite on..
        Especially if ir35amnesia is the serpent!

Comment

Just a few of the companies that Alan Jones (of bn66.co.uk) has been involved in:

Mr Alan Victor Jones - free company director check. Companies House Information

Company Summary

Company Name Company Status
          GRUFFY LTD Active
          RABUZ LTD Active
          ACCOUNTING MADE EASY LIMITED Active
          SFOXX LTD Active
          HIST LTD Active
          YDROP LTD Active
          XGRUP LTD Active
          FORZA ACCOUNTING LIMITED Active
          E-COVER SOLUTIONS LIMITED Active
          INTEGRATED TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (EUROPE) LIMITED Active (Director Resigned 30/09/2010)
          EXEC4U LIMITED Active (Director Resigned 10/12/2008)
          EZACS LIMITED Active (Director Resigned 31/03/2005)
          E.ON UK POWER TECHNOLOGY LIMITED Active (Director Resigned 29/09/1995)
          E.ON RETAIL LIMITED Active (Director Resigned 29/09/1995)
          POWERGEN UK LIMITED Active (Director Resigned 29/09/1995)
          DENOVO SOLAR LIMITED Dissolved
          FIDEI (UK) LTD Dissolved
          TAPDATA LIMITED Dissolved
          CARVER IT LIMITED Dissolved
          ROCKINGHAM TECHNOLOGY LIMITED Dissolved
          SMITHFIELD DATA LIMITED Dissolved
          NANNYSOFT LIMITED Dissolved
          CASSIEDOG LIMITED Dissolved
          CAR OWNER PLAN LIMITED Dissolved
          IR35AMNESTY.COM LIMITED Dissolved
          TECHNALYSIS LIMITED Dissolved
          TECHNALYSIS LIMITED Dissolved
          FACTUM EST LIMITED Dissolved
          EXECUTIVE SOLUTIONS LIMITED Dissolved
          MEDICOVER LTD Dissolved (Director Resigned 03/11/2008)
          TAXDESIGN LIMITED Dissolved (Director Resigned 03/11/2008)
          EXTTECH LIMITED Dissolved (Director Resigned 18/12/2006)
          SUO MOTU LIMITED Dissolved (Director Resigned 03/11/2008)
          EXECUTIVE SOLUTIONS LIMITED Dissolved (Company Secretary Resigned 16/05/2001)
          SEDGWICK CORPORATE SERVICES LIMITED Dissolved (Director Resigned 12/01/1998)
          MIDLANDS INVESTMENTS LIMITED Dissolved (Director Resigned 29/09/1995)
          Last edited by SantaClaus; 19 March 2012, 22:17.
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Got to be joking!!!

Originally posted by Tax_shouldnt_be_taxing View Post
            Well one guy (singular) even if true is not much of a track record. And they only used to do settlements if HMRC thought there was less than a 50% chance of winning.

At this time it's easy to be tempted by the "fruit". But this is not Alan and Eve so whilst you can all do as you please, the promise of sanctity from all of this with some low hanging fruit is not something I'd want to bite on. But hey, if this is all possible, get onto Mr. B and ask him for the same 30% deal as bs66 have managed. Or at least ask him for written confirmation like you do a plumber "do you do deals for cash?". Come on, everyone has asked something like that before. Oops, everyone must be engaged in tax avoidance then but without telling HMRC. That's evasion! Jesus, everyone who paid the window cleaner in cash or the gardener the same might be liable to tax evasion charges! Call bs66 now on 0800-TULIP and ask for Alan or Eve. Damned d and m keys don't work...

Perspective people.

Some people just never quit!! Perhaps funds to defend "that" case are running low and we're seen as easy pickings?!??

Either way, I'm in it for the whole journey. We've been screwed by Herman timms Munster, bullsh1t Balls and B@stard Brown. It's almost last orders at our bar and I'm bu@@ered if I'm going to throw in the towel and willingly pay what I don't bl00dy owe, whatever f***ing deal is purported to be available. NO WAY!!! This one is for us to win, sooner preferably, but later if necessary.

Then, Hector, our legal assault will be coming after YOU LOT, individually if possible! Enjoy your tea!
            Lord Clyde in 1929: ‘No man is under the smallest obligation, moral or other, so to arrange his legal relations to his business or to his property as to enable the Revenue to put the largest possible shovel into his stores. The Revenue is not slow to take every advantage which is open to it under the taxing statutes for the purpose of depleting the taxpayer’s pocket. And the taxpayer is entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Revenue.’

Comment

Originally posted by nick4notax View Post
              Some people just never quit!! Perhaps funds to defend "that" case are running low and we're seen as easy pickings?!??

Then, Hector, our legal assault will be coming after YOU LOT, individually if possible! Enjoy your tea!
              Nick, bad Merlot ?

Steady on
              - SL -

Comment

Originally posted by nick4notax View Post

Either way, I'm in it for the whole journey. We've been screwed by Herman timms Munster, bullsh1t Balls and B@stard Brown. It's almost last orders at our bar and I'm bu@@ered if I'm going to throw in the towel and willingly pay what I don't bl00dy owe, whatever f***ing deal is purported to be available. NO WAY!!! This one is for us to win, sooner preferably, but later if necessary.

I agree with Nick.
                There's an elephant wondering around here...

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Darko View Post
                  They say HMRC have already settled one person at 30% off the tax with no interest to avoid it going to tribunal.
                  I find that very hard to believe, and the trouble is it is impossible to prove either way.

If you ask Warr for proof he will cite taxpayer confidentiality, non-disclosure agreement etc.

If you ask HMRC, they will neither confirm or deny.

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Darko View Post
                    ...They say HMRC have already settled one person at 30% off the tax with no interest...
                    Maybe there is our answer on the Suo Motu deal !
                    http://notoretrotax.org.uk/

Comment

Has anyone else had an e-mail back in response to their e-mail sent to the Treasury Select committee this morning?

Regards
                      Fred
                      Last edited by FredBasset; 20 March 2012, 09:39.

Comment

Working...
                      X