• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Upton Accountants - more info

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    You haven't sent any money to that account have you? If you have I would recommend checking if HMRC have received the payment.
    Just make sure it matches the HMRC details: HM Revenue & Customs: How to pay Self Assessment
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

You haven't sent any money to that account have you? If you have I would recommend checking if HMRC have received the payment.
      As far as I'm aware this was to change the account for monthly payments (standing orders), not for other payments, atleast for Darren’s sake.

Comment

Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
        Just make sure it matches the HMRC details: HM Revenue & Customs: How to pay Self Assessment
        That didn’t prevent it TBH, there are sadly HMRC procedural loopholes.

Comment

Originally posted by BillHicksRIP View Post
          I had an email conversation with him a couple of weeks ago and there was no inclination that this was the case.
          Have you communicated since the end of June though?

Comment

I sent an email to Darren today, got the following out of office reply (spelling mistakes included)..

Originally posted by Darren Upton
            Please note I am not available. Please telephone reception who will be able to direct your call to the most appropriate member of staf. Many thanks.

Kind Regards
            That's it, no footer, no sign off, just the above.

Comment

Unless I'm very mistaken I think the problem is that the entire issue hasn't reached court yet. Once he is found innocent or guilty and he is sentenced then we will be able to discuss it until then we can't.
              Thank you eek, that's exactly why. Provided things stay away from the law I allow the thread.

When they stray, I lock it.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I think it's pretty clear what's gone on, at least at a staffing level, the back story can probably be pieced together from here and elsewhere.

It would be nice to get a statement of sorts from Upton & Co, you can't exist as an accountancy firm if there is no trust there.

I didn't get a pm from the OP, did anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by oversteer View Post
                  I did but I sent them one first. As I understand it, the details of what’s transpired cannot be shared on a public forum. However, anyone involved can discuss it privately since there is little fear of additional bias, ie. Those involved are very likely already biased against said company.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugbait View Post
                    I did but I sent them one first. As I understand it, the details of what’s transpired cannot be shared on a public forum. However, anyone involved can discuss it privately since there is little fear of additional bias, ie. Those involved are very likely already biased against said company.
                    Originally posted by oversteer View Post
                    I think it's pretty clear what's gone on, at least at a staffing level, the back story can probably be pieced together from here and elsewhere.

It would be nice to get a statement of sorts from Upton & Co, you can't exist as an accountancy firm if there is no trust there.

Me too, and I guess a couple of others from some of the discussions. However it is legal info so any mention of it on here would result in the thread locking
                    Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by Bugbait View Post
                      As far as I'm aware this was to change the account for monthly payments (standing orders)....
                      I did telephone their office and asked the person to repeat the Upton business account number, this did match the account number Darren had sent. She also confirmed that there had been a change of business account number... this is just for the monthly accountancy fee.

Comment

Working...
                      X