• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PI insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PI insurance

The agency that got me the contract role is asking to see a copy of my PI insurance certificate. I haven't yet got PI insurance.

- Do I need it?
    - If so can people recommend a good insurance package?

Thanks

Originally posted by MiniMani View Post
    The agency that got me the contract role is asking to see a copy of my PI insurance certificate. I haven't yet got PI insurance.

- Do I need it?
    If you want the contract, then yes.

From my experience, QDos have been the cheapest - you'll also need Public Liability (PL) Insurance if you don't already have this.

Thanks
    See above.

Comment

Nice bit of work Oracle. Amazing what using the search can bring up.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Nice bit of work Oracle. Amazing what using the search can bring up.
        WHS

If you use the search facility and the forum guides when you first join you will probably find you won't need to post a question for a long time as virtually everything has been answered.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I did do numerous searches!! However found the latest one to be in 2009 and wondered if there was any current views

Sorry to have caused inconvenience

Edit: just had a look at the links above with some 2011 dates, thankyou oracle
          Last edited by MiniMani; 24 June 2011, 13:01.

Comment

FYI for anyone who is in the same boat, i did a bit of reading around and ended up getting the combo package with PI EL/PL at qdos Qdos Consulting Shop-Products/Services-Business Insurance buy online

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post

- Do I need it?
              If you want the contract, then yes.

From my experience, QDos have been the cheapest - you'll also need Public Liability (PL) Insurance if you don't already have this.

See above.
              I did do numerous searches!! However found the latest one to be in 2009 and wondered if there was any current views

Sorry to have caused inconvenience

Edit: just had a look at the links above with some 2011 dates, thankyou oracle
              FYI for anyone who is in the same boat, i did a bit of reading around and ended up getting the combo package with PI EL/PL at qdos Qdos Consulting Shop-Products/Services-Business Insurance buy online
              Don't mention it. Oh, you didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                Don't mention it. Oh, you didn't.
                Thankyou Clippy! I'm sorry, mind is all over the place getting everything sorted in time....

Comment

Working...
                X