• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to find a solicitor? Is there a forum for that?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to find a solicitor? Is there a forum for that?

Hi all, had a search, but I cant find a place to advertise myself as a client and have solicitors interested approach me. Is there any chance of still finding no win, no fee solicitors, especially when taking on public bodies?

Have you contacted the public body in writing and gone through their complaints procedure for your problem?

If you haven't you should do that before even considering legal action.

Solicitors don't need to advertise or read adverts to take on clients as there are plenty of people with simple cases that are easy for them to get a settlement on or win.

So your best bet is to check whether any of your insurance policies have legal insurance on them which will cover you. However with these you tend to get sent to a barrister first to see if you do actually have a case and are able to stand the stress of a court case.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Have you contacted the public body in writing and gone through their complaints procedure for your problem?
      I have spoken to one solicitor. They said that I had done everything I could at this stage, by complaining about an error in materials published and my MP is addressing it to resolve this issue in the long term. They agreed I had a case, however they would charge too much to take it on.

However, this error has cost me a lot of wasted time and will cost me a lot of lost earnings and paying for paperwork I dont legally require. I am struggling at the moment to find someone with the time and resources to take on such a case without running up a huge bill.

Anyway, without going in to the full details of this, I ask again my original question, apart from calling around every solicitor under the sun, is there a service where I can display my case or is this not a possibility?

If not, I would like to get recommendations for a solicitor who would deal with a public body/government case?

Comment

Couple of links from my favourites, no idea if any good for you. There is a find a lawyer link on 2nd.

Need UK legal help? Ask an online solicitor for answers ASAP
        Home
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Couple of links from my favourites, no idea if any good for you. There is a find a lawyer link on 2nd.

Need UK legal help? Ask an online solicitor for answers ASAP
          Home
          I may have to use that first link if all else fails.

My problem is though, not finding the legal advice I need as I have already been advised, but finding someone to take my case on.

Comment

Did you see this link? Lets you put in details of problem and they get back to you with local firm

https://halifaxlegalexpress.securecl...utmk=223713947
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Did you see this link? Lets you put in details of problem and they get back to you with local firm
              I don't know about this specific site but one thing to be aware of is that generally sites which offer to find a solicitor for you will be charging the firm of solicitors a referral fee often in the order of £1,000.

Referral fees are controversial. My own professional body (Bar Council) bans barristers from paying referral fees, but the Law Society currently allows solicitors to pay referral fees.

The argument against referral fees is that if the solicitor's firm starts off £1,000 down they may be tempted to cut corners in a desperate attempt to make some profit.

One way to find a solicitor is to use the Law Society directory which allows you to search by geographical location and by area of law:

The Law Society - Find a solicitor

Comment

Alot of solictor out there do this, recommendation from friends are better than relying on those websites

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
                Hi all, had a search, but I cant find a place to advertise myself as a client and have solicitors interested approach me. Is there any chance of still finding no win, no fee solicitors, especially when taking on public bodies?

Comment

Working...
                X