• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Very Urgent answer needed about Bona vacantia.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Urgent answer needed about Bona vacantia.

I have a limited company i use to do contracts but i did not update my details with company house hence my company was struck off the registrar. So I contacted the registrar and got waivers letter from Bonvacantia and filled all relevant forms from company house with all the fines as well.

My company was restored, after it was restored my company bank account was frozen, then released after it was restored with company house. But all of a sudden my bank account was closed by my bank and my credit balance sent to treasury solicitors, despite the company been restored ..

My question is how do i get my bank account opened and get the cash out of the account i still have £8k in there .

[Mod note. Punctuation added to aid clarity.]

How long has it been since you got the waiver letter and have you paid your £100 restoration fee?

On the Administrative Restoration site it says that:
    • It can take up to ten days to turn around
    • You need to send all the relevant documents (which includes outstanding Annual Returns and Accounts) and the £100 fee (and any Late Filing penalties) before this can happen.

Plus you may not get all of that 8K back, the Treasury will probably keep 5% back (as a bit of an incompetence tax and a disincentive to do it again).

Read more in the above website and this.

FAQs > Companies > Bona Vacantia

I'm sure Claire (from InTouch) will be around tomorrow to tell you the next steps if the 10 days have passed and you still haven't got your money.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by baba View Post
      But all of a sudden my bank account was closed by my bank and my credit balance sent to treasury solicitors, despite the company been restored ..
      Have you asked the bank if they were instructed to close the account again, and why was it was closed? If instructed by Companies House they will have an authorisation letter and you should have been notified - or have they done this for their own reason(s)? The bank will know the reason.

I'm very surprised that the balance was not sent to the treasury solicitor when the company was initially struck off - is this the bank playing catch up to cover their backsides. When I intentionally had a company struck off I was given a about 2 weeks to withdraw the money or lose it as the account was going to be closed permanantly.

Comment

I would suggest you call the Treasury Solicitor - whenever I've dealt with them they've been very helpful. It's likely just a timing difference that has caused problems, but if the bank have passed the funds to them then they should be fine to repay it to you (although it may take some time).

For Litigation or Bona Vacantia enquiries, please telephone our enquiry line on 0207 210 4700. About TSol

Of course it would also be useful to call the bank to find out why they closed the account, and if they have indeed passed the funds over.
        ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Working...
        X