• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Paying Membership Fees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    That's PCG One Stop, a complete package of accountancy, insurance and membership aimed a simplifying getting started as a contractor. The accountancy obviously has a cost, as does the insurance. That's a slightly different thing to "PCG membership". I kind of assumed tht you were talking about standard membership...

Yes it is claimable, and the fees as far as I know can be offset against CT since the memebrshiop is effectively free with that package. But since the fee includes accountancy support, why not ask the accountant?
    I am confused by the following statement:
    Originally posted by PCG Website
    • Meetings and correspondence with your accountant
    If I am reading this correctly, PCG are your accountant, but are not your accountant?
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      That's PCG One Stop, a complete package of accountancy, insurance and membership aimed a simplifying getting started as a contractor. I kind of assumed tht you were talking about standard membership... Yes it is claimable
      Ahh, that's good news and sorry for the initial misunderstanding my brain is a little frazzled at the moment.

I guess that if it came down to it, I could claim for the insurance and accountancy portions (which is the bulk of the amount) and leave out the membership fee. I'll find out when the year end accounts are done in the next month or so.
      Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
        I am confused by the following statement:

If I am reading this correctly, PCG are your accountant, but are not your accountant?
        It's not difficult (even Wanderer has worked it out). One Stop is a service offered by PCG to start up contractors, that packages an accountant, assorted insurances, PCG membership and some other odds and sods. It doesn't mean they do the accounting work.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
        X