• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does anyone else bother with Real Arragements Letters?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone else bother with Real Arragements Letters?

I am just coming to the end of a contract and getting my house in order before moving on. I produced a Real Arrangements Letter and had to use all my charm and negotiating skills to overcome the usual resistance and get the end client to sign it. So now I have it filed away with all the others I've collected over the years since PCG started advocating them.

As I hadn't seen them mentioned much on this forum recently I was wondering if other CUKers go through this pain with its attendant suspicion that 'he must be up to something' or don't bother?

Originally posted by singhr View Post
    I produced a Real Arrangements Letter and had to use all my charm and negotiating skills to overcome the usual resistance and get the end client to sign it.
    Do you work for the client or through an agency?
    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by singhr View Post
      I am just coming to the end of a contract and getting my house in order before moving on. I produced a Real Arrangements Letter and had to use all my charm and negotiating skills to overcome the usual resistance and get the end client to sign it. So now I have it filed away with all the others I've collected over the years since PCG started advocating them.

As I hadn't seen them mentioned much on this forum recently I was wondering if other CUKers go through this pain with its attendant suspicion that 'he must be up to something' or don't bother?
      I don't bother. Most contracts I get are for specific purposes so a team is formed then disbanded when the project is done. No-one is availible at client co longer than ~12 months after I leave that works with me its just the way logistics works with the turnover.

Comment

I have never bothered. Looking back, I don't think there is a single person still working at an ex-client co that I had worked there with. How could HMRC determine what I did when I was there if there is no body there to answer?
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I have never heard of them, could someone kindly explain what it is?
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
          X