• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fuel Cards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Cards

Has anyone looked into getting a fuel card rather than having to faff about with expenses for travelling? I am going to be hitting the Motorway quite a bit for my next gig so looking to try and think of the best way of recaliming expenses.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Has anyone looked into getting a fuel card rather than having to faff about with expenses for travelling? I am going to be hitting the Motorway quite a bit for my next gig so looking to try and think of the best way of recaliming expenses.
    Regardless of how you pay for your fuel, I believe the 40p per mile still applies. However, I will be happy to stand corrected.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
      Regardless of how you pay for your fuel, I believe the 40p per mile still applies. However, I will be happy to stand corrected.
      I was hoping by using the fuel card and getting the company to pay for it I would avoid having to claim for mileage, I know technically this will leave me worse off but trying to keep things as simple as possible until I get on my feet.
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Fuel cards are usually only used when the employer provides a company car AND also provides fuel for the car.

Very few of our client's have company cars as they are generally not very tax efficient.

You should continue to reclaim the mileage rate of 40p/25p per mile provided you have not exceeded the "24 month" rules.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Nixon Williams View Post
          Fuel cards are usually only used when the employer provides a company car AND also provides fuel for the car.

Very few of our client's have company cars as they are generally not very tax efficient.

You should continue to reclaim the mileage rate of 40p/25p per mile provided you have not exceeded the "24 month" rules.

Alan
          WHS (obviously, since he's the expert! )

I have a company debit card for most business-related purchases, but business mileage is strictly at scale rates tracked in a simple spreadsheet. It's hardly a major burden to keep it up to date and doesn't need to go on the P11D if you stick to HMRC's numbers.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
          X