• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Timesheet not been approved hence not been paid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timesheet not been approved hence not been paid

Hello All

I have left a recent contract I was on admittedly not under the best of circumstances.
    But now the line manager has not singed my time sheet hence I am due about 28 hours pay.

The agency said they would talk to the line manger as he is in disagreement over the hours I have worked even though he has no evidence I did not work these hours. I can prove that I was at the site as I have witnesses. The agency have now had two weeks too talk to him and he is never available when I try to phone him.

If I leave this any longer I know they are trying to forget about it.
    I will even consider going to a small claims court its just the principle of the matter.

Have you ever been in this position? In the contract it does say obviously you wont be paid if the time-sheet is not singed but if your time sheet never gets singed because the manger dosent like me or has a grudge what can I do?

Thanks

Originally posted by slinkydonkey View Post
    Hello All

I have left a recent contract I was on admittedly not under the best of circumstances.
    But now the line manager has not singed my time sheet hence I am due about 28 hours pay.

The agency said they would talk to the line manger as he is in disagreement over the hours I have worked even though he has no evidence I did not work these hours. I can prove that I was at the site as I have witnesses. The agency have now had two weeks too talk to him and he is never available when I try to phone him.

If I leave this any longer I know they are trying to forget about it.
    I will even consider going to a small claims court its just the principle of the matter.

Have you ever been in this position? In the contract it does say obviously you wont be paid if the time-sheet is not singed but if your time sheet never gets singed because the manger dosent like me or has a grudge what can I do?

Thanks

Hand on heart, scouts honour - is there any truth to the line mangers suggestion? if so, come up with a workable compromise, shoot for 14 hours or something and be done with it.

On the other hand, if you were flat out, busted your balls and are getting screwed, depending on the value of the contact, send em a solictors letters for £100 quid or so, go to small claims and keep us updated, you'll get no cash from us, but a lot of moral support and sockie love!

Cloud Computing - Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by monobrow View Post
      Hand on heart, scouts honour - is there any truth to the line mangers suggestion? if so, come up with a workable compromise, shoot for 14 hours or something and be done with it.

On the other hand, if you were flat out, busted your balls and are getting screwed, depending on the value of the contact, send em a solictors letters for £100 quid or so, go to small claims and keep us updated, you'll get no cash from us, but a lot of moral support and sockie love!

I just had a phone call to be honest it was a fairly easy contract so I did ammend my hours and looks like they are going to approve it now...just need to find my self another contract now been nearly 2 weeks not looking good but fingers crossed. Good advice though :O)

Comment

You're on the road to beîng a gr8 business man.

That's exactly the way to handle it.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
        X