• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountants - those letters after their name

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No - you don't need them signed off unless you're having an audit, and that only applies to quite large companies.

Sometimes it's useful for mortgage references though.
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
      ....Someone AAT qualified can sign off your accounts, ...
      Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
      No - you don't need them signed off unless you're having an audit, and that only applies to quite large companies.

Sometimes it's useful for mortgage references though.
      I am sure you know that AAT qualified can not sign the audit report. You have to ACA or ACCA in order to sing off the audit report (England and Wales).

Comment

Originally posted by rmmc View Post
        I am sure you know that AAT qualified can not sign the audit report. You have to ACA or ACCA in order to sing off the audit report (England and Wales).

I didn't say an AAT qualifified person could sign an audit report, I said they could sign a set of accounts.

It is however quite common for an accountant (who could be AAT qualified) to prepare the accounts and then an auditor step in to sign off on the audit report.
        ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by rmmc View Post
          I don't think being ACA or ACCA is enough. I thought you had to be a registered auditor to sign off an audit report. Anyone can "sing" off the audit report. Just watch X-Factor. They try to sing all the time

Comment

Working...
          X