• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mums a part-time support teacherm, recieved a SA request

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mums a part-time support teacherm, recieved a SA request

edited

shes paid through county council not an agency..i thought only self employees fill in self assessment forms?>
    Last edited by trsisko; 23 January 2011, 16:22.

Originally posted by trsisko View Post
    edited

shes paid through county council not an agency..i thought only self employees fill in self assessment forms?>
    When you are required to fill in a Self-Assessment form

Comment

Do you mean she has only just received it? Given the time it can take to get the online registration thingy that would be quite unreasonable.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

She may have been asked to complete one because she has other income such as dividends or a large amount of bank interest - if in doubt, talk it through with your accountant.
        ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
          She may have been asked to complete one because she has other income such as dividends or a large amount of bank interest - if in doubt, talk it through with your accountant.
          yep seems she did work for manpower for 12weeks last year and hopefully taking the printed pay slips to the tax office will sort things out, true also she received the SA form request only last week which is very late!

Comment

yep seems she did work for manpower for 12weeks last year and hopefully taking the printed pay slips to the tax office will sort things out, true also she received the SA form request only last week which is very late!
            If she only received it last week then she should still have 3 months to file it - its worth calling HMRC to make sure though. This will give her enough time to register for online filing and be able to file the return.

Comment

Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
              If she only received it last week then she should still have 3 months to file it - its worth calling HMRC to make sure though. This will give her enough time to register for online filing and be able to file the return.
              Thx Clare, turns out they sent the SA by mistake to my mum, issue resolved now!

Comment

Thx Clare, turns out they sent the SA by mistake to my mum, issue resolved now!
                People often seem to think we exaggerate how daft the tax office is, but sometimes they prove the point perfectly!

Comment

Working...
                X