• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mobile phone under ltd Company..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BiggieBig View Post
    Problem with this is that I already have my Plan under the company name. So I guess if both plans are under the company name this may be an issue when we both want to move back to a personal price plan. As we may lose a single discount futher along the line...
    What you don't ask, you don't get. Have you actually asked the provider if it is possible to do what you are asking for?
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
      What you don't ask, you don't get. Have you actually asked the provider if it is possible to do what you are asking for?
      Yeah but me being sinister don't want to take he risk as I might have issue later even if they agree at present.

the discount is too good to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by BiggieBig View Post
        Yeah but me being sinister don't want to take he risk as I might have issue later even if they agree at present.

the discount is too good to lose.
        Does the discount work out to be above 21% of the normal price? If not, you could consider the fact that your business could save 21% of its corp tax by putting your phone bill via your business (assuming it is allowable). But if you can get it through your business based on your current plan, then you will save an extra 21% of your business income.
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
          Does the discount work out to be above 21% of the normal price? If not, you could consider the fact that your business could save 21% of its corp tax by putting your phone bill via your business (assuming it is allowable). But if you can get it through your business based on your current plan, then you will save an extra 21% of your business income.
          Thanks for all your responses.

Yeah the discount is 50% so would be great to save on top of that as well. I will ring the mobile co and see how big a risk it is and decide based on that..

Comment

Originally posted by Craig@InTouch View Post
            The company can provide you with a mobile phone and a PDA (iPhone or Blackberry).
            Beware: Blackberry, iPhone, etc. may not be allowable for tax,
            Firms warned to avoid ‘smart phone’ tax

Last paragraphs of EIM21701 - Particular benefits: computers: partial exemption: what computer equipment falls within the exemption: years up to and including 2005/06 only

Comment

Here's a more up to date link from HMRC http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/guidance/480.pdf

Under Chapter 22 page 55, a Blackberry is allowable and is exempt from a tax charge under the circumstance it is for business use.

Comment

Under Chapter 22 page 55, a Blackberry is allowable and is exempt from a tax charge under the circumstance it is for business use.
                Nice one, thanks!

Comment

Ok so an iphone still isn't exempt in this instance as it is deemed a computer or does the term 'Blackberry' cover all devices like this? If iphone is a computer you can still claim it as such surely but would there be a problem having a laptop as well as a computer (iphone)?

Or is just better dropping iphones of expenses altogether to be safe until they finally recognise it?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Ok so an iphone still isn't exempt in this instance as it is deemed a computer or does the term 'Blackberry' cover all devices like this? If iphone is a computer you can still claim it as such surely but would there be a problem having a laptop as well as a computer (iphone)?

Or is just better dropping iphones of expenses altogether to be safe until they finally recognise it?
                    It says "Personal Digital Assistant, such as a Blackberry" - I'd take this to include an iPhone.
                    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Working...
                    X