• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pisces Returns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the_rangdo View Post
    Hmmm, something sounds a bit fishy then.

IGMC
    It seems a perfectly legit body, just obviously not as well known as the usual ones like ICAEW and ACCA.

Institute of Financial Accountants
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Looked at the free spreadsheet from their website and the tax estimated and calculated is incorrect. Dividend is taxed at effective rate of 32.5% or 42.5%, even though, some dividend would fall in basic rate tax band.

Comment

I'm sure they're perfectly legitimate, I've just never heard of them before now.

If I advertised for a job that needed somebody with an accountancy qualification, I'd expect to see ACA/ACCA/CIMA for a reasonably senior position, CAT for somebody a bit lower level, or ATT/CTA for tax. My first question for somebody who said they were "IFA" (which is a tulip designation in itself as it obviously sounds like financial advisors) would be "why haven't you studied for something recognised by the majority of employers?"

That's not to say that the person at Pisces doesn't offer a good service, but I'd be wary unless I'd received a personal recommendation.

Comment

Glad to see you completely ignored my poor (attempt at a) joke

I agree, probably perfectly sound but not being an expert in the area I had to sound out opinions 'cos I had the nagging 'you get what you pay for' doubt.
          Gronda Gronda

Comment

Originally posted by rmmc View Post
            Looked at the free spreadsheet from their website and the tax estimated and calculated is incorrect. Dividend is taxed at effective rate of 32.5% or 42.5%, even though, some dividend would fall in basic rate tax band.
            It also assumes a ~5k salary, and if you change that figure the dividend calculations look a bit suspect.
            Gronda Gronda

Comment

Working...
            X