• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spanish bank account and UK Ltd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of interest

What paperwork did you have to show the Spanish bank to open an account?

I am based in Spain and have personal accounts. Just never thought about opening a business one too.

Comment

First you must have a company. As mine is an UK Ltd, I tell you my experience w/ this kind of company, don’t know others. And then it depends on the banks. For me it was easier to it w/ the "Santander Central Hispano" because they have more offices but if you prefer to do it w/ English speaking people try w/ "LLoyds" (but they only have one office in BCN).
      So the only docs that they asked me for were:
      - Spanish ID
      - English Memorandum of Association of the company
      - English Articles of Association of the company
      - English Certificate of Incorporation of the company
      - And depending on the company’s situation, you will maybe need a Power of Attorney?¿
      About the 3/4 last docs, no translation to the Spanish is needed but they must have the "Haya Apostille" (ask your notary - to do all the docs in one set bc is cheaper)

Comment

Thanks. That sounds pretty straightforward - compared to the bureaucracy I have been experiencing of late ;-)

Is the Spanish ID a NIE? or Residency card? or DNI?

Comment

Yes it´s easy.
          In my case DNI because I´m Spanish.
          But I suppose that it depends on our "legal situation". Ask the Banks.

Comment

Working...
          X