• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

30 day german contract best solution?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 day german contract best solution?

Hi,
    i am about to accept a contract for 30 days in Germany working for a German company through a german agent.

In the uk i currently use an Umbrella company. What would be the best setup for such a shorterm contract and to ensure tax compliance

thanks in advance

John.

I know you are new but there is a search box up on the RHS of the screen. It says "Advanced Search" underneath it.

Additionally I just put into google the term umbrella companies germany and got a list of results some of them are useful.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

To be honest it would be very simple to do this yourself.

1. Register when you get to Germany with the local Gemeinde, get a tax code. They are usually open Saturday morning.
      2. Bill the company in your own name (no need to set up a co.)
      3. Deregister after 30 days.
      4. Fill out VAT tax and personal taxation form only need to fill out one box in the form, (as well as your name and address).
      5. Deregister.

Hey presto.

But yes a German umbrella would do that for you. Just make sure they pay only tax for the 30 days, and no funny business with offshore.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
      X